WCPSS Board Policy 6130 allows principals to determine off-campus lunch provisions for eligible juniors and seniors. The following guidelines have been established for Knightdale High School. It is important that parents and students understand the expectations and rules governing off-campus lunch privileges. Your signatures will indicate that you have reviewed and discussed these regulations and are fully aware of the liability associated with this privilege.
- Parents and the student must have the application notarized by a certified notary, scan, and email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment of $15.00 must be paid online via school website - www.bit.ly/khspay.
- Only students who have earned the required credits to be classified as juniors or seniors for the upcoming school year may apply.
- All fines and fees the must be cleared before applying for off-campus lunch privileges. Students with outstanding financial obligations will be denied.
- Students with off-campus lunch privileges will not take students off campus who are not authorized to leave. This includes other juniors and seniors who have not been granted permission or who do not have valid offcampus ID pass in hand.
- Students with off-campus lunch privileges will return to school for the remainder of the school day. Note: If a student becomes ill while off campus, a parent/guardian must call the Attendance Office (919-217-5350 ext 25125) to properly check the student out. The student must present a parent’s note to the Attendance Office upon return to school. Failure to check out properly will be treated as skipping.
- Students with off-campus lunch privileges will maintain an acceptable conduct record in accordance with the policies of the Wake County Board of Education and Knightdale High School.
- Students with off-campus lunch privileges will return to class on time. Excessive tardies and absences will result in a revoked lunch pass.
- Students with off-campus lunch privileges and their parents/guardians are responsible for where students go
for lunch and for transportation.
- Students with off-campus lunch privileges may not enter the cafeteria when they return to school nor may they purchase food to be brought to other students.
- No outside food is allowed in the building. Students with off-campus lunch privileges must consume their
lunch while off campus.
- Students exercising off-campus lunch privileges must have their Off-Campus Lunch Pass in their possession at all times. The Pass must be presented to the school security officer each time the privilege is exercised.
- Students exercising off-campus lunch privileges are not allowed to visit other school campuses while off campus during lunch.
- The school assumes no extra liability for any accident or injury incurred in the exercise of this permit.
- Students with off-campus lunch privileges must remain in good academic standing in order to maintain off-campus lunch privileges. Any student whose GPA falls below 2.0 during a marking period may have his/her lunch pass suspended. The privilege will be reinstated the following marking period if the GPA rises to 2.0 or more.
- Students exercising off-campus lunch privileges should exit and return through the entrance at Horton Road, beside Forestville Elementary School. All students in the vehicle will be checked at this exit by a staff member and must have their Off-Campus Lunch Pass in hand.
- Students exercising off-campus lunch privileges should exit the school building through the main entrance of the school only. Students are not allowed to exit the building through side doors or any other doors other than those at the main entrance of the building.
- Students exercising off-campus lunch privileges should leave campus at the beginning of their assigned lunch periods. Loitering in the parking lot is prohibited. Students leave the parking lot immediately upon dismissal for lunch and report to the building immediately upon returning to school. Students who arrive late should report to the Attendance Office for a tardy pass.
- Students will be required to pay the $10 replacement fee in the event that the original pass is lost.
Off Campus Pass Policy Infractions and Consequences
The following are infractions that will result in a revoked or suspended off-campus lunch pass:
- Loaning off-campus pass to another student
- Borrowing the off-campus pass of another student
- Forgery of Parent/Guardian signature
- Excessive tardies or unexcused absences
- Poor academic performance
- Driving students without off-campus privileges off campus
- Driving and parking violations
- Violation of the WCPSS and KHS Code of Student Conduct
- Producing or using counterfeit or non-school issued off-campus lunch passes
- Leaving campus without having Student ID scanned by School Security Officer
- Bringing food back onto the school campus for yourself or another student
- Failure to adhere to policies outlined in this document
Violation of Policy
1st Offense Loss of privileges for 1 week 2nd Offense Loss of privileges for 2 weeks 3rd Offense Loss of privileges for remainder of the semester or school year 4th Offense Lose parking privileges (if applicable) for a duration of time determined by the Principal