KNIGHTDALE HIGH SCHOOL OF COLLABORATIVE DESIGN
2017 - 2018 PARKING REGULATIONS
- Payment of $170.00 must be cash, money order, certified check, cashier’s check, or online via school website. Personal checks will not be accepted. Cash payments must be made in person.
- Please attach a copy of NC Driver’s License and Registration Card to the application. Application and payment WILL NOT be accepted unless a copy of the driver’s license and registration card is attached. Parking passes will be not issued to students who do not hold a valid NC Driver’s License. PARENTS MUST BE PRESENT!!!!
Please review the parking rules and procedures established by the Wake County Public School System. Understand that abuse of any of these provisions may result in towing and/or revocation of parking privileges for the remainder of the school year. Understand that Knightdale High School Of Collaborative Design may revoke parking privilege as a disciplinary consequence or violation of local school rules. Please be aware that the school administration might require a student to allow administrators to inspect the interior of his/her car while parked on campus if there is any concern that illegal or unauthorized materials might be contained inside the vehicle. Understand that driving other students off campus who do not have an off-campus pass will also result in loss of parking privileges.
Please complete the KHSCD Student Application for
Parking. Your signature on the application indicates that you have read,
understand and agree to abide by the above parking regulations.
- All students must clear all fees and fines prior to applying for a parking permit. Permits will not be issued to students with outstanding fines or fees to your assigned school or any other school.
- The parking fee established by the Wake County Board of Education for the 2010-2011 school year is $170.
- Parking permit applications will be available to students who have a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
- All students who park a motor vehicle on the school campus must display the current hanging-tag permit. The tag must be hung from the inside rear view mirror, facing the front of the vehicle. Students who fail to properly display the tag will be ticketed for the 1st and 2nd violation. The 3rd violation will result a $10.00 fine; after the 4th violation the car will be towed from the school campus and all fees associated will be at the owner’s expense.
- Vehicles must be parked in assigned spaces. The only places available for student parking are the student lots. Students may not park on the road, drive-way, in intersections, or in any other place, including other school campuses. Vehicles parked in the wrong space or in unauthorized areas will be towed at the owner’s expense and the permit will be subject to revocation without refund.
- Vehicles should be parked front-end first. Backing into spaces is not permitted.
- The safe operation of motor vehicles is required. Vehicles must not travel in excess of 10 miles per hour. Seat belts are required for driver and all passengers.
- Speeding and reckless driving are prohibited. Exiting from student lots in the afternoon will be held until buses clear the area. Citations will be issued as necessary.
- Supervision is provided for parking lots; however, the school system is not responsible for damages to or theft from vehicles. Students are cautioned NOT to leave valuables in their vehicles. Parked vehicles should be left with windows closed and doors locked.
- Student vehicles are subject to search and seizure per Wake County School Board Policy 6600.
- Disabled vehicles may not be left on campus overnight. If necessary, towing should be arranged by the student.
- If a student holding an assigned parking space transfers within the WCPSS during the year, he or she will be assigned a space at the new school with no further payment of fees, assuming the original parking tag has been returned to the office of the previous school. If no space is available at the new school, the originating school will make the refund.
- Refunds for parking fees will be made only if the student moves away from the Wake County Public School System. Parking fees will NOT be refunded for: voluntary withdrawal from school (dropping out); long-term suspension from school; school-based disciplinary action related to loss of parking privilege; loss of driving privilege due to revocation of operator’s license. All other refund requests are at the discretion of the principal.
- Only one tag will be issued per student. Students may register up to two vehicles. The tag may be moved from one registered vehicle to another, but may NOT be sold, given, or loaned to another student for his or her use. The penalty for so doing is revocation of parking privileges.
- Students shall inform the office immediately of any changes in vehicle or license plate.
- Lost parking tags will be replaced for a $10 fee. Report losses to the office.
- School Board Policy 6430 prohibits the possession and/or use of tobacco products on campus. Students may not possess tobacco products or smoke in cars at any time while on the school campus.
- Loitering in the parking lot is prohibited. Students should lock their cars and leave the parking lot immediately upon arriving at school. Students need written permission from an administrator, the SRO, or the parking lot attendant to be in student lots during school hours.
- Students who operate a motor vehicle on campus should fully understand their duties and responsibilities. Under School Board Policy 7170 students who violate parking regulations are subject to any or all of the following consequences:
- Revocation of parking privilege
- Towing and storage of the vehicle, at the owner’s expense
- Disciplinary action
- Criminal charges
- Handicapped parking is available as needed on an assigned basis only.
- Parking a vehicle on school property is a privilege, not a right. Please review all parking regulations with your parents and call the school for clarification of any matter about which there are questions.