Credit by Demonstrated Mastery
- Students must apply using the district application form that is attached to this email.
- Eligible courses can be found at this link.
- Following submission of the application, counselors will talk with students and parents about implications related to CDM.
- Students will participate in Phase 1 which is an objective multiple choice assessment where the student must achieve 94% or higher in order to move forward.
- Students moving forward to Phase 2 will complete a school based performance task.
- A flow chart of this process is attached.
- The full CDM guide is attached as well. This document is build based on the NCDPI guide for this process.
- Note that there are implications for athletic eligibility in CDM. The attached statement about this has been reviewed and approved by our district athletic director and the NCHSAA.
- Please take a moment to look through the FAQ document that will be on the website.
- Flow Chart