Please contact the driver education coordinator at Middle Creek High School, Thomas Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 773-3838 ext 21892 if you have any questions or concerns that this website cannot answer. See below for payment information.
Wake County public, private and home school students must be at least 14 years, 6 months old to take a Driver Education class. Students are required to complete 30 hours in the driver education classroom and 6 hours behind the wheel and 6 hours of observation instruction. Driver education classes are scheduled after school throughout the school year, and during the summer. Behind the wheel driving is conducted after school between 2:30 pm and 8:30 pm, and from 6:30 am until 8:30 pm on Saturdays and (Sundays as approved), during the summer and any other time students are out of school. Students are contacted to do their BTW (behind the wheel) driving training by age, oldest called first, after completing the classroom phase of driver education. Upon completion of Driver Education, students will receive a Driver Education Certificate. Wake County Public School System will provide the Driver Education Program at a cost of $65.
To be eligible for class, you must be 14 years and 6 months old on or before the day the class starts!
Pick up a Driver Education Registration Form at Student Services, eligibly complete form in black or blue ink and return the registration form to Student Services. Registration forms can be downloaded online at http://jordandriving.com, completed and emailed to Lead Teacher. After the registration form is submitted the Lead Teacher will assign class and email student of the class and all other information needed for class.
Beginning in fall of 2011 a registration fee is required to take driver education in the Wake County School System which is currently $65.
Online payment is the preferred method of payment and the easiest payment process.
Go online at http://jordandriving.com and pay by credit card or gift card.
Other options are:
- Pay in person at Jordan Driving School office with certified check, money order or cash at 101 Timber Pointe Lane, Garner, NC 27529. Phone: 919-772-4877. Please allow 15-20 minutes to complete the payment process.
- Mail in your certified check or money order to101 Timber Pointe Lane, Garner, NC 27529. Please include a completed registration form with your payment. No personal checks please!
- Pay in person in driver education classroom during class with certified check or money order, (no personal checks).
When making a payment at the office, please allow 2 to 4 weeks for processing. Your registration forms will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
Driver Education Classroom Sessions:
Classes are scheduled monthly in room 2100 from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM for 10 days or 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM for 12 days as scheduled. Students MUST attend every class session in order to pass class.
Class Room Regulations:
- You must attend and successfully complete the entire 30 hours of class room instructions. Only one excused absence (for medical or family emergencies with written documentation) is allowed. If you miss more than one class instruction unexcused, you will be dropped from the class and will not be refunded fees.
- You are expected to follow the WCP guidelines. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in removal from the class. Any student removed for disciplinary reasons may not take Driver Education through the school system again.
- You should bring on the first day of class, pen (black or blue), pencils, paper, and a copy of your birth certificate (which will be returned).
- All cell phones and any other devices by students MUST BE OFF in the class and in the car during driver education training.
- You must provide your own transportation to and from class and behind the wheel driving instructions.
Registration forms and payment are required to participate in the Driver Education program. Students will be contacted via email or phone number provided on the registration form for payment request and class assignment. Once payment is confirmed Lead teacher will receive notification from online system and you will be ready for class. You will not be confirmed for Driver Education until payment arrangements are confirmed.
Driver Education Classroom Schedule:
Driver education classes are scheduled on a monthly base as needed. Please reference the driver education class schedule at http://jordandriving.com for classes during the school year and summer class sessions.
DMV representative is scheduled to visit Middle Creek during one of each class room sessions to check student’s vision medications. If student receive a medical or vision form from DMV representative to take to your doctor, the student must visit his/her doctor and return paperwork to Driver Education department. Student may be required to revisit DMV representative at school. Students can not drive until all vision and medical paperwork is completed and signed by DMV representative.
Behind the Wheel Training
Once all class room requirements are completed, students will be assigned a driving instructor to schedule your behind the wheel driving training. The behind the wheel instructor is responsible for calling and scheduling students to drive. When called, please remember to write down your driving instructor’s name and number, driving schedule, place to meet and to be picked up. You must provide your own transportation to and from driving sessions. All cell phones and any other devices by students MUST BE OFF in the car during driver training. Please be patient as we attempt to drive students as quickly as possible.
Driver Eligibility Certificate
Students are required by the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicle and dropout prevention services to pass at least 3 of 4 classes per semester at MCHS to obtain a Driver Eligibility Certificate. This form is needed to obtain or maintain a learner’s permit or a driver license. You may take driver education without meeting the 3 of 4 passing requirement; however, you will not satisfy the driver eligibility rules until you pass 3 of 4 classes (meaning you will not get you permit). Driver’s Eligibility Certificates are validated by the Registrar at MCHS. Once validated, the Driver’s Eligibility Certificate is only good for 30 days. You must bring your certificate from the driving school, your birth certificate, and your last semester report card in order to get your Driver's Eligibility Certificate.
Other Questions and Concerns