Pride Career Development Corner, September 2023
Program Spotlight: Explorer Posts - Calling all young people (14-20 years, co-ed) who want to discover what career to pursue!! Join the National Exploring Program today to gain hands-on experience. Take the free Career Interest Surveys to find out what career you want to EXPLORE: National Career Survey: https://exploringyourcareer.com. Students should pick just ONE 1st choice and ONE 2nd choice from the entire list of career choices, NOT from EACH section as stated in the survey!
Local Career Survey: Once students know what they are interested in, they can complete the Exploring Interest Survey Form and the Exploring Executive will match youth to existing Exploring Posts in their areas and/or start a new post to meet the career interests of the youth. This survey is FREE! https://exploring.ocscouts.org/career-interest-survey/
Check here for the Explorer Posts Meeting Dates and Registration Links: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12ELGkOtCdzK82Kdt-FRHFNsBFSo8HDyypmv49G-mzbU/edit#gid=1811218102
1. Cary Police Department Post for students interested in becoming a Police Officer. Meets 2nd and 4th Tuesday. OPEN HOUSE/New Applicants 9-26-23 6:30 pm. No COST to participate. Please let us know you are interested and/or attending OPEN HOUSE by pre-registering at https://forms.gle/c9UUTESjt4ZXvAgn9
2. Raleigh Fire Department Post 108 for students interested in Firefighting
3. Durham Architecture & Sustainability Post 471 for students interested in Architecture
4. Perkins & Will Architecture Post 470 for students interested in Architecture
5. Durham Bulls Post 50 for students interested in Sports Broadcasting, Spring 2024 Open House
6. WRAL Post 5 for students interested in TV Broadcasting
7. Electric Vehicles Post 746, at Wake Technical Community College
8. Empire Eats Post 1793 for students interested in foods or culinary. A maximum of 20 students will be accepted.
9. Environmental Science Club Post 820 for students interested in the Environment
10. NC Esports Academy Post 297 for students interested in game design, coding & cybersecurity
11. Ride of Your Life Academy at Carolina Exotic Car Club Post 25 for students interested in cars.
12. Wendell Animal Science/Helping Horse Therapeutic for students interested in riding or therapy.
New Explorer Posts Coming Soon! - Law, Sports Management, Robotics, Aviation, Health Care, Arts & Humanities, ABC Carolina Club, Raleigh Architecture, a Virtual Business Post, Wake Tech Public Safety, YMCA Alexandria Club, ABC Carolina Club Post 1332
For more information, contact Mrs. Canada, Career Development Coordinator, Room 102, email@example.com.