Mission, Core Beliefs, Vision, and Values
Leesville Road High School will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators, and critical thinkers.
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
- Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, races, and ethnicity.
- Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
- The BOE, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
- The BOE, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
- The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
VisionLeesville Road High School staff along with parents and other community stakeholders will provide students with a safe, equitable, engaging environment conducive to learning. Teachers will plan and facilitate rigorous learning experiences that spark each student’s interest to achieve academic success and pursue learning beyond the classroom. Students will be accountable partners in their learning and will graduate from Leesville Road High School as critical thinkers with the necessary skills to solve future challenges.
- All stakeholders foster daily incremental growth and long term student achievement by holding high expectations for themselves and others.
- Purposeful instruction enables students to learn in a variety of styles and at different paces.
- A safe and orderly school environment is essential for optimal learning and development/growth.
- All stakeholders (students, staff, and parents) are equally valued and respected.
- Participation in academic and extracurricular activities increases engagement in the school community.
- Community involvement is vital to our school’s success.