Students meeting qualifying criteria in grades K-7 can take advanced academic content in mathematics or English Language Arts through Single Subject Acceleration (SSA). This ensures opportunities for appropriate levels of academic challenge. Only students who are currently enrolled and attending a WCPSS school during the open nomination and testing window are eligible to be considered for SSA.
Test Request Deadlines
Test Requests for the 2023-24 school year must be submitted during your school’s calendar deadline.
- Leadership Academies, Modified and Year-Round Track 1: Feb. 20-24, 2023
- Traditional Calendar and Year-Round Tracks 2, 3 and 4: March 20-24, 2023
Students will be tested for SSA placement for the 2023-24 school year during the testing windows indicated below. No requests for testing outside these windows will be accepted.
- Leadership Academies: March 28 - April 11, 2023
- Modified Calendar, Year-Round Tracks 1, 2 and 3: April 4 - 19, 2023
- Traditional Calendar and Year-Round Track 4: April 18 - May 3, 2023
Your request for testing must be documented and provided to the AIG Teacher. The request must clearly indicate which one subject you wish for your student to be tested. Contact your student's AIG teacher for more information regarding this process.
2023-24 Test Request Form (ESP)
Reach out to the SSA Contact at your child’s school with any questions.
23-24 SSA Virtual Request Form
AIG/SSA Coordinatior: Kathleen Bader (email@example.com)