Revised July 2018
WCPSS and Crossroads FLEX
- The safe operation of motor vehicles is required. Vehicles must not travel in excess of 10 miles per hour. Seat belts are required for driver and all passengers.
- Speeding and reckless driving are prohibited.
- Supervision is provided for parking lots; however, the school system is not responsible for damages to or theft from vehicles. Students are cautioned NOT to leave valuables in their vehicles. Parked vehicles should be left with windows closed and doors locked.
- Student vehicles are subject to search and seizure per Wake County School Board Policy 6600.
- Disabled vehicles may not be left on campus overnight. If necessary, towing should be arranged by the student.
- Students shall inform the office immediately of any changes in vehicle or license plate.
- School Board Policy 6410 prohibits the possession and/or use of tobacco products on campus. Students may not possess tobacco products or smoke in cars at any time while on the school campus. Weapon and drug charges will result in automatic revocation.
- Loitering in the parking lot is prohibited. Students should lock their cars and leave the parking lot immediately upon arriving at school. Students should take all materials/items needed for the school day and not use vehicles as lockers. At lunch, only students using their official off-campus passes are permitted in the parking areas.
- Student drivers leaving for off-campus lunch are responsible for knowing if persons riding with them have a lunch pass. Any student who provides transportation for a student who does not have a lunch pass or school permission to be off campus may be subject to consequences determined by administration.
- Students who operate a motor vehicle on campus should fully understand their duties and responsibilities. Under School Board Policy 7180 students who violate parking regulations are subject to any or all of the following consequences:
- Revocation of parking privilege
- Towing and storage of the vehicle at the owner’s expense
- Disciplinary action
- Criminal charges as prescribed by law
- Handicapped parking is available as needed on an assigned basis only.
- Parking a vehicle on school property is a privilege, not a right. Please review all parking regulations with your parents and communicate with school administrators for clarification of any matter about which there are questions.