The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
School Improvement Team:
- Dr. Roxann Sykes, Principal
- Molly Montgomery, Assistant Principal
- Fran Averre, School Improvement Co-Chair/ First Grade Spanish Immersion
- Jennifer Joyner, School Improvement Co-Chair/ Interventionist
- Sarah Bellak, Instructional Facilitator/ ITF/ Testing Coordinator
- Marie Guzski, Magnet Coordinator
- Austin Takacs, Literacy Coach/ Interventionist
- Mariana Campbell, Kindergarten
- Julie Kinsey, First Grade
- Sarah Mills, Second Grade
- Maryam Khan, Third Grade
- Nerissa Gilchrist, Fourth Grade
- Jae Wilson, Fifth Grade
- Philip Lykes, Instructional Assistant
- Nikki Peele, Special Programs
- Connie Guillen & Cameron Dixon, Counselors
- Keyla Acosta, World Language Chairperson
- Kirsten Terry & Jaime Renville, Quest Co-Chairs
- LaWanda Simpkins, Parent Representative
All members of the School Improvement Team were elected on Monday, September 11, 2023.
School Improvement Meeting Dates:
All school improvement meetings will be held in the Media Center from 7:40 a.m.-8:40 a.m.
- September 25, 2023- virtual
- October 16, 2023
- November 13, 2023 (Quarterly Review)
- December 11, 2023
- January 8, 2024
- February 12, 2024 (Quarterly Review)
- March 11, 2024
- April 8, 2024
- May 13, 2024 (Quarterly Review)
- June 10, 2024
If you are interested in attending a School Improvement Team meeting, please contact our Principal, Dr. Roxann Sykes, at email@example.com or 919-233-4200 ex. 22730.