Center for World Languages and Spanish Immersion
Along with DDMMS, we are the first and only program with the theme "Center for World Languages and Spanish Immersion being implemented school-wide in WCPSS from Kindergarten to Eighth grade.
World Language Instruction
Students will select one of two daily world languages either in Spanish or French to study on a daily basis of instruction embedded in special classes in art, music, physical education, media, and technology with a goal of becoming bilingual before they enter high school. Global learning is integrated into core content areas.
Spanish Language Immersion:
Offered to cohorts of students who select this option within the schools’ theme. 80% of daily instruction is delivered in Spanish and the remaining 20% delivered in English. Offered to two classes per grade level and phased in over five-years.
This program is:
- Evidence-based literacy program
- Provides full-time world language teachers
- Taught through a variety of instructional models for world language instruction
- Globally-focused with thematic curriculum units
- Provides global studies elective and clubs
- Embraces innovative learning spaces to support global leaning
- Motivated to provide magnet-themed family engagement activities
- Immersion program begins in two classes in kindergarten and 1st grade and expanded over grades each additional year and continues through 8th grade
- Focuses on grade-level literacy skills, math, science, and social studies in Spanish