Single Subject Acceleration
Students meeting qualifying criteria in grades K-7 can take advanced academic content in mathematics or English Language Arts through Single Subject Acceleration (SSA). This ensures opportunities for appropriate levels of academic challenge. Only students who are currently enrolled and attending a WCPSS school during the open nomination and testing window are eligible to be considered for SSA.
Test Request Deadlines
Test Requests for the 2023-24 school year must be submitted during your school’s calendar request window.
- Leadership Academies, Modified, and Year-Round Tracks 1 and 3: February 21 - March 5, 2024
- Year-Round Track 4: March 11 - March 22, 2024
- Traditional Calendar and Year-Round Track 2: April 1 - April 12, 2024
Students will test for SSA placement for the 2024-25 school year during the testing windows indicated below. Requests for testing outside these windows will not be accepted.
- Leadership Academies, Modified, and Year-Round Tracks 1 and 3: April 1 - April 12, 2024
- Traditional Calendar and Year-Round Tracks 2 and 4: April 22 - May 6, 2024
Your request for testing must be documented and provided to the SSA Coordinator at your school. The request must clearly indicate which one subject you wish for your student to be tested. Contact your school’s SSA Coordinator for more information regarding this process.
2023-24 Test Request Form (ESP) - Available in January 2024.