The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
School Improvement Team Membership
- Dr. Roxann Sykes, Principal
- Kristina Frazier, School Improvement Co-Chair/Literacy Coach/Intervention
- Dana Skidmore, School Improvement Co-Chair/Instructional Facilitator/Intervention Team Facilitator/Testing Coordinator
- Carrie McKeown, Magnet Coordinator
- Carin Knight, Counselor
- Connie Guillen, Counselor
- Nikki Peele, Special Programs
- Joe Willingham, Instructional Assistant
- Maggie Howard, Instructional Assistant
- Regina Sheehan, Kindergarten Teacher
- Laurie Cross, First Grade Teacher
- Sarah Bellak, Second Grade Teacher
- Holli DelaCourt, Third Grade Teacher
- Nerissa Gilchrist, Fourth Grade Teacher
- Quincy Williams, Fifth Grade Teacher
- Karen Proctor, STEM Teacher
- Keyla Acosta, World Languages Teacher
- Jennifer Joyner, Intervention Teacher/Family Engagement Representative
- Jill Herbst, Special Assistant to the Western Area Superintendent
- LaWanda Simpkins, Parent Representative
School Improvement team members approved on September 26, 2022.
School Improvement Meetings
All school improvement meetings will be held in the Media Center at 7:40-8:40 am.
- August 16, 2022
- September 2, 2022
- September 14, 2022
- October 12, 2022
- November 9, 2022 (Quarterly Review)
- December 14, 2022
- January 11, 2023
- February 8, 2023 (Quarterly Review)
- March 8, 2023
- April 19, 2023 (Quarterly Review)
- May 10, 2023
- June 13, 2023 (Quarterly Review)
If you are interested in attending a School Improvement Team meeting, please contact our Principal, Dr. Roxann Sykes, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-233-4200 ex. 22730.
To view our School Improvement Plan, log in using the credentials below.
- Indistar Username: GuestS17460
- Indistar Password: GuestS17460