Volunteer with PTA
Details on volunteering to help out with the following projects can be found on the Lacy MemberHub (see below). If you are not a Lacy parent but are interested in learning more, contacts are listed for each event or program.About Member Hub: Only Lacy parents and staff are members of the Lacy MemberHub. Once you join the school hub, you must also join the hubs for the programs below. To do this, from the dashboard, click the gray "Join Open Hubs" button on the bottom left.
Lacy Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The Lacy PTA is an active group of volunteers engaged and focused on helping support our staff and teachers and to offer program & event opportunities for our children. The PTA is comprised of 37+ committees including our fundraising groups, service/support groups and event planning groups. Whatever you enjoy, we have a place for you!
The goal of the Lacy PTA is to provide services and assistance that our students need in order to receive the best possible education and to be a part of the decision making process that affects students. We are proud of the active participation and wide variety of volunteer programs. We encourage all parents, teachers and staff to join the PTA and be a voice for every child. It takes all of us working together to ensure the success of every Lacy student.
The PTA thanks you for supporting us in this effort. We look forward to a great year together!
Questions? Please contact Anna Roach, PTA President firstname.lastname@example.org
or Katie McKenzie, PTA Vice President email@example.com
Volunteer with PTA
Details on volunteering to help out with the following projects can be found on the Lacy MemberHub (see below). If you are not a Lacy parent but are interested in learning more, please contact Anna Roach, PTA President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About Member Hub: Only Lacy parents and staff are members of the Lacy MemberHub. Once you join the school hub, you must also join the hubs for the programs below. To do this, from the dashboard, click the gray "Join Open Hubs" button on the bottom left.
- Book Drive(February) Week long collection held to enhance media center through donated books.
- Book Fair(February) Week long onsite Scholastic Event allowing students to explore and purchase for themselves and classrooms.
- Beautification(Ongoing) Sprucing up and maintaining the campus grounds especially before major events. Areas include flowers around the flag pole, pots at front entrance, the Butterfly Garden, etc.
- Boxtops(Ongoing) Program to collect box tops which raises money for school programs.
- Bulletin Boards(Ongoing) Organizes and creates wonderful displays which communicate events and happenings at Lacy.
- Character Education (Ongoing) Works with teachers and guidance counselors to recognize students for displaying Lacy character trait behavior.
- Clubs(Ongoing) We are lucky at Lacy to have volunteers organize many different types of clubs for our students. Some of those clubs include Chess, Jump Rope and Spanish.
- Community Outreach (Ongoing) Organized efforts throughout the year that provide clothing, food and other support to students in need.
- Corporate Donations(Ongoing) Seek partners within national and local businesses to help raise funds for Lacy.
- Cultural Arts (Ongoing) Coordinate visiting authors, artists and musicians throughout the year for student assemblies.
- Earth Day (April) One day event with activities and programs highlighting Earth Day.
- Fall Festival(October) Lacy’s Fall Fundraiser – Lacy’s own onsite carnival!
- Family Picnic(September) Afternoon school wide gathering and celebration.
- Field Day(June) Day long end of year event with fun and games for students and staff.
- Fifth Grade Graduation(June) Work with the fifth grade teachers to organize the annual fifth grade field trip and the ceremony/celebration for graduating students.
- Global Olympics(Mornings in Feb/March) Fun way for Third Graders to learn and appreciate geography.
- Kindergarten Orientation(Fall and Spring) Orientation welcoming rising kindergartners.
- Laps for Lacy (Spring) Lacy’s spring fundraiser promoting fitness and character while raising funds!
- Media Center Assistants(Ongoing) Volunteers assisting Ms. Brannon in the media center organizing and re-shelving books and with student’s book selections.
- Membership– PTA (Ongoing) Promotes PTA membership as well as records and maintains all member's records with NCPTA.
- Merry Moms(August and September) Coordinates volunteers to help guide and comfort incoming students during Kindergarten assessments.
- Mini Grants(Fall) Grants that provide funds to teachers who have applied to develop and implement instructional projects.
- Parent Partners(Fall) Mentors and welcomes families new to Lacy.
- Radical Reading(September) Program that tracks and celebrates student's summer reading.
- Reflections(Fall/Winter) National competition where students reflect on a common theme and create original works of art in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
- School Store(Ongoing) Lacy’s own store with trinkets, school memorabilia and more!
- STEM Night(November) Night event at Lacy highlighting all things Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Staff Appreciation Week(Spring) A week-long event celebrating Lacy staff!
- Teacher/Staff Meetings and Special Occasions(Ongoing) Provides treats and snacks for monthly staff and teacher meetings and coordinates acknowledgements for special staff occasions.
- Wednesday Words Copy Team(Ongoing) Lacy’s weekly newsletter.
- Yearbook(Ongoing) Coordinates photography, layout and distribution of annual Lacy yearbook.