April 7, 2021
I hope you and your family had a nice spring break. I am sure you are ready for your children to now get back to school, and we are ready for them – in person OR virtually TOMORROW!
As we go into the last 9 weeks of instruction, there have been a few changes to note:
- We have 28 more students coming back into the building for the first time tomorrow. This has impacted several VA classes and in-person classrooms, impacting close to 60 students’ teacher/classroom assignments. If you were impacted, you received an email from me yesterday letting you know the new teacher assignment.
- We no longer will conduct health screenings in the morning (questions and temperature checks). This is now the personal responsibility of families to screen themselves at home before coming to school. Please do NOT send your child to school if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, instructed to quarantine, or if they are sick or are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- 4 fever or higher
- sore throat
- new cough
- new shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- new loss of taste or smell
- diarrhea or vomiting
- new severe headache.
If your student does not feel well or exhibits any of these symptoms, they will be sent to the Care Center to go home. If this occurs, please be prepared to pick your child up in a timely manner. We will follow all other health protocols here at school.
Thank you for all that you are doing,
Sherri Miller, Principal
- Please join Principal Miller tomorrow for a Roundtable Discussion about ideas for next year using the generous funds from Lacy’s Foundation:
K-1 Roundtable Signup - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0A49A4AB2BA46-roundtable (one is this Friday)
2-3 Roundtable Signup - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0A49A4AB2BA46-roundtable1 (one is Thursday)
4-5 Roundtable Signup - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0A49A4AB2BA46-roundtable2
- Important: New Technology Help Desk Phone Number for Parents and Students
- Laps for Lacy is Around the Corner! View here
- Important Dates:
April 8 – First school day after break
April 14 – Remote Learning Day
April 15, 16, 19, and 20 – Bren Bataclan will work with students during Specials
April 15-21 – Laps for Lacy
April 28 – Remote Learning Day
May 5 – Remote Learning Day
May 26 – Remote Learning Day
June 10 – Last Day of School
- For any questions for students in the building, view Lacy Protocols for Students Returning to the Building.
- Please email Emily Spooney at (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your child will not be attending a WCPSS school next school year.
- View here information about the Lacy Yearbook. We need pictures submitted by April 20th!
- Here is the Lacy Media Center Schedule - 2020-21