June 2, 2021
In the last six days of school, it is beginning to feel a bit more normal with students not having to wear masks outside and we plan for Field Day and other end of year celebrations. We, however, still have eating and drinking guidelines and mask wearing inside the building.
As a staff, we will be celebrating the well-deserved retirement for three staff: Pam Blomquist, Nancy Proctor and Beverly Burdette. If you know them, please send them a “Thank you” for what they have done for so many years at Lacy Elementary.
A huge thank you to Lacy Foundation and the generosity of this community to allow us to be able to hire close to 18 part-time staff to support the following: STEAM Elective, Literacy Support, Technology Support, and a reduction of teacher/student ratio for intervention/enrichment across all grades! We will be hiring many part-time Instructional Assistants over the next two months so if you know of anyone who may be interested, tell them to apply.
Have a wonderful rest of this week.
Sherri Miller, Principal
- For Field Day, apply sunscreen to your child BEFORE they come to school and send with them a water bottle, change of clothes including shoes, and a towel.
- Register your incoming Kindergartner soon! This will help me tremendously in securing the right number of K teachers. Help spread the word to your friends and family who have incoming Kindergartners! Contact Emily Spooney, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See this link to what your child should be returning to school: End of Year Materials Return List
- For all families who received a Hot Spot from WCPSS and who are back in school in person, please send with your student soon. For VA students, we will need the HotSpot to be returned on Friday, June 11th (more information to come).
- Please email Emily Spooney at (email@example.com) if your child will not be attending a WCPSS school next school year.
- If your child has medication at school, please contact Lise Sherlin at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to check the medicine out by June 10th.
- Please see information here regarding the Reading EOG scores being delayed: Reading EOG Score Delay, Reading EOG Score Delay (Spanish)
- 5th grade Parents: Homebase/Power school Parent Portal Application (If you don't have an account, please email email@example.com to receive an application). Parents in Middle School are able to track their child's grades and checking attendance.
- Important Dates:
June 4th – 3rd Grade Wax Museum
June 7th – Field Day
June 8th – 5th Grade Celebration
June 9th – 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony
June 10th – PreK Moving Up Ceremony (PM)
June 10 – Last Day of School