2023-24 Meal prices
Effective July 1, 2023:
Middle and High
Reduced-price breakfast (for eligible students)
A la carte pricing
Reduced-price lunch (for eligible students)
A la carte pricing
2023-24 Universal (Free) Breakfast Program Schools
Financial support provided by Child Nutrition Services and Wake County allows certain schools to offer a Universal Breakfast Program that lets all students enrolled at the school receive breakfast at no cost. Universal Breakfast schools are evaluated annually. The following schools are participating in the 2023-24 Universal Breakfast Program:
- Aversboro Elementary
- Beaverdam Elementary
- Brentwood Elementary
- Carver Elementary
- Dillard Drive Elementary
- Durant Road Elementary
- East Millbrook Middle
- Forest Pines Drive Elementary
- Forestville Road Elementary
- Fox Road Elementary
- Green Elementary
- Hodge Road Elementary
- Knightdale Elementary
- Lincoln Heights Elementary
- Lockhart Elementary
- Millbrook Elementary
- Neuse River Middle
- Phillps High
- Poe Elementary
- Reedy Creek Elementary
- River Bend Elementary
- Smith Elementary
- Timber Drive Elementary
- Wakelon Elementary
- Wendell Elementary
- Wildwood Forest Elementary
- Vandora Springs Elementary
- Zebulon Elementary
2023-24 Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is a USDA program that allows qualifying schools to serve breakfast and lunch to all enrolled students at no cost to the household. Households do not need to complete a meal benefits application and families cannot be asked to complete a meal benefits application for other education benefits purposes.
If your student attends one of these schools, they will receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) at school for the 2023-24 school year.
- Barwell Elementary
- Bugg Elementary
- Connections Academy
- Creech Road Elementary
- East Garner Elementary
- Mount Vernon Middle
- River Oaks Middle
- Rogers Lane Elementary
- Southeast Raleigh Elementary
- Walnut Creek Elementary
- Wilburn Elementary
Meal Charges Policy
In the event that a student is unable to pay for a meal on a particular day, the student may charge a reimbursable meal so long as it does not create a negative account balance that exceeds the value of three (3) days of meals (breakfast and lunch) based on current student meal prices.
Students may not charge a la carte purchases that will result in a negative account balance. Adults may not purchase any meal or a la carte item that would result in a negative account balance for that adult.
Notices of low or negative balances in a child’s meal account will be sent to parents and the principal at regular intervals during the school year. Parents are expected to pay all meal charges in full by the last day of each school year.
Should a prepayment be made on an account with a negative balance, the prepayment will first be applied to the negative balance. For more information, see Policy Code: 6220 Operation of Child Nutrition Services.
Weekly low/negative balance alerts
Child Nutrition Services alerts elementary and middle school parents who have low or negative balances on their child’s school meals account to add money to the account. Alerts are sent on Wednesday in the afternoon. Families may opt out of this service by calling CNS at 919-856-2918 or completing the form on our “Contact Us” page to submit a request.
Receive alerts when your student needs funds to make purchases
- Sign up is secure, easy and no-cost.
- View your student's purchases and account balance at any time.
- Using this feature does not require on-line payments.
- Set up notifications are at no cost to you. You'll receive an email that informs you when additional funds will be required to ensure your student has funds for meal or other item purchases.
Managing your student's account
- Talk to your school dining room manager if you would like to receive a record of your student's purchases or you would like to add purchasing restrictions for your students (such as "may purchase lunch only," or "may purchase snacks on Fridays only," etc.).
- We use CHECKredi as our check service provider. Your check should include your full name, street address and phone number. By presenting your check, you authorize service charges and processing fees to be debited from your account. If you have questions about a returned check, contact CHECKredi at (800) 686-9522.
- Donations, Refunds, and Monetary Transfers
Questions about AutoPaymentsFor questions about AutoPayments, contact Child Nutrition Services at 919-856-2918.
Pre-Pay for Meals Online
With a MySchool Bucks account paying for school meals is easy. Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com or call (855) 832-5226 to enroll. You'll need your child's NCWISE ID number, available in your registration materials or at your school. Once your account is established you may:
- Securely deposit funds to your child's account
- Check balances
- Set spending limits