Take note that WCAP is not currently broadcasting daily shows due to the pandemic. Instead, we're releasing monthly shows (with our last happening at the end of April). We hope to resume daily newscasts in Fall, 2021.
Submit An Announcement
Note the following points:
- Submit announcements/news through BHS Infospread or by emailing.
- All submissions must be approved by a BHS staff member.
- Announcements will be read a maximum of twice - we will repeat more as time permits.
- Announcements MUST be submitted by 3pm the day prior to broadcast. Sorry, but late submissions will not be accepted.
- WCAP reserves the right to edit announcements for length and clarity.
- If your group has produced a video you would like broadcast on WCAP, please see Mr. Martin in person in the Media Center. Guidelines for technical quality and copyright will apply.
Announcement Writing Tips:
- Keep it short!
- Identify who, what, when, and where
- Indicate date(s) to air - a maximum of twice
- Don’t use AM or PM for times - say “in the morning” or “afternoon.”
- Example, Poor: “French Club will meet at 3:30pm tomorrow. It will be fun! Join us! It’s free! You’ll like it!”
- Example, Better: “French Club meets Tuesday May 6 at 3:30 in room 3206 for French food tasting.”