New Enrollment Information
WCPSS kindergarten registration/all other grades pre-registration begins January 3 from 9:30 AM-2:00 PM.
After 1/3/19, registration hours are Monday - Friday 10:00 AM -2:00 PM.
Students must be 5 years old on or before August 31 of the current school year to start kindergarten.1. Download and complete the enrollment forms for your child's grade level. The required form is included in the links below. (Note: students must sign up for bus service when enrolling.)
2. Gather these materials:
- Download packet for incoming Kindergartners
- Download packet for incoming students, grades 1-5
- Download packet for incoming students, grades 6-12
3. Visit your child's base school to enroll. We recommend calling ahead to learn office hours.4. State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. The medical provider, parent or guardian must provide a completed health assessment form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. Health assessment forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department.Parents whose children do not have a regular physician can get health assessments and immunizations through the Wake County Health Department. First-time appointments should call (919) 250-3947.A parent or guardian has 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to present the required proof of immunization and health assessment. At the end of the 30 day period, any child without a health assessment shall be prohibited from attending school until he or she has obtained the required assessment.
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
- Proof of your Wake County address (current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 30 days old, newly signed lease that is no more than 60 days old, settlement statement or offer-to-purchase agreement*)
- A photo ID of the parent or guardian
- Your child's immunization record
- Any custody documents
- may be used by existing Wake County residents as proof of address;
- may be used by non-Wake County residents only to pre-enroll for the next school year prior to June 30, if the purchase closing date is on or before June 30;
- offer to purchase contracts for homes under construction may require additional documentation of work completed prior to being accepted as a valid proof of address;
- may not be used as proof of residence to enroll or pre-enroll at a capped school.