• Welcome Future Flyers!


    • Welcome to the Wake County Public School System! Here is how to enroll in our school district. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Assignment online or at 919-431-7333. En Español

      Step 1: Find your base school

      In Wake County, students are assigned to a base elementary, middle, and high school for their home address. Find your base school using our address look-up tool. Your base school may have an enrollment cap. You will still register for your base school. Learn more about how an enrollment cap might affect you.


      Step 2: Enroll online 

      Need technical support? Contact PowerSchool Registration support online or at 866-434-6276.

      Step 3: Bring the enrollment materials to your base school

      To finalize the registration process, school staff will review your submission and contact you with next steps. Please wait for information from your child's base school regarding the completion of the enrollment process. The following documents need to be presented in person at the school in order to complete the registration process - even if you have uploaded the documents with the online registration:

      1. A certified copy of your child's birth certificate. (Need a birth certificate? Parents of children born in Wake County may now order certified birth certificates on the Wake County Register of Deeds website.)
      2. Proof of your Wake County address, which must be one of the following:
      3. A photo ID of the parent
      4. Your child's immunization record
      5. Any custody documents

      Step 4: Obtain and submit proof of immunizations and NC Health Assessment

      State law requires every child entering public schools in North Carolina for the first time to receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed N.C. Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. N.C. Health Assessment Forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department.

      State law requires these vaccinations before a student enters kindergarten and 7th grade. 


    For more Kindergarten Resources please visit WCPSS Kindergarten Resouces!