The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
School Improvement Team Membership
School Improvement Team elected September 2021
- Linda Akoth, Parent
- Cinda Aronson, Special Education Teacher (Pre-K)
- Megan Baker, 2nd Grade Teacher
- Burt Batten, Principal
- Amber Bell, 4th Grade Teacher
- Marcie Blanchard, Visual Arts Teacher
- Karen Brinkley, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Erin Clancy, Counselor
- Dana Collie, 4th Grade Virtual Academy
- Casey East, 3rd Grade Teacher, Process Manager 2
- Lauren Engelhaupt, Instructional Facilitator, Process Manager 1
- Cindy Fields, 1st Grade Teacher
- Lori Guettler, Intervention Teacher
- LaShara Gilkes, Assistant Principal
- Tommy Hager, PE Teacher
- Susan Hanson, 5th Grade Teacher
- Catrice Hines, Counselor
- Katherine Hrivnak, ECS 1 Teacher
- Blaire Jackwood, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Penny McNeill, Special Assistant to the Northwestern Area
- Lisa Mejeur, Intervention Facilitator
- Lisa Mentock, Special Education Teacher (K-2)
- Dianna Nickel, Special Education Teacher (3-5)
- Melissa Nelson, 1st Grade Teacher
- Tammy Oberdorf, 5th Grade Teacher
- Jessica Popperwill, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Rahma Qaabidh, 5th Grade Teacher
- Valerie Sanders, Parent
- Cynthia Sandora, Kindergarten Teacher
- Kelly Sheehan, 4th Grade Teacher
- Mary Sparrow, 2nd Grade Virtual Academy
- Mary Swan, 1st Grade Virtual Academy
- Jasmine Voss, Kindergarten Teacher
- Dianna Wasikowski, Parent
School Improvement Meetings
Due to COVID-19 protocols school improvement meetings are currently conducted virtually through Google Meet.
This schedule of meetings is based on the current organization for WCPSS schools and may be adjusted during the year if necessary due to COVID-19.
- September 21, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- October 19, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- November 16, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- December 14, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- January 11, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
- February 15, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
- March 15, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
- April 19, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
- May 17, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
- June 7, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
If you are interested in attending a School Improvement Team meeting, please contact our Principal at email@example.com or 919-694-8770.