The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
School Improvement Team Membership
School Improvement Team elected September 2020
- Linda Akoth, Parent
- Cinda Aronson, Special Education Teacher (Pre-K)
- Megan Baker, 2nd Grade Teacher
- Burt Batten, Principal
- Amber Bell, 4th Grade Teacher
- Karen Brinkley, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Lauren Brinson, 4th Grade Teacher
- Casey East, 3rd Grade Teacher, Process Manager 2
- Lauren Engelhaupt, Instructional Facilitator, Process Manager 1
- LaShara Gilkes, Assistant Principal
- Tommy Hager, PE Teacher
- Susan Hanson, 5th Grade Teacher
- Catrice Hines, Counselor
- Katherine Hrivnak, ECS 1 Teacher
- Gussie Marshallsea, Art Teacher
- Penny McNeill, Special Assistant to the Northwestern Area
- Lisa Mejeur, Intervention Facilitator
- Lisa Mentock, Special Education Teacher (K-5)
- Brittany Mosko, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Melissa Nelson, 1st Grade Teacher
- Tammy Oberdorf, 5th Grade Teacher
- Jessica Popperwill, 1st Grade Teacher
- Valerie Sanders, Parent
- Cynthia Sandora, Kindergarten Teacher
- Yvette Smith, Parent
- Mary Sparrow, 2nd Grade Teacher
- Tanika Stevenson, Instructional Assistant
- Mary Swan, 1st Grade Teacher
- Jasmine Voss, Kindergarten Teacher
- Dianna Wasikowski, Parent
School Improvement Meetings
Due to COVID-19 school improvement meetings are currently conducted virtually through Google Meet.
This schedule of meetings is based on the current organization for WCPSS schools and may be adjusted during the year if necessary due to COVID-19.
Once schools are allowed to reopen to the public for gatherings of more than 25 people indoors, all school improvement meetings will be held in the Media Center.
- September 21, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- October 19, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- November 17, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
- December 15, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
- January 12, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- February 9, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- March 16, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- April 20, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- May 18, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- June 11, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
If you are interested in attending a School Improvement Team meeting, please contact our Principal at email@example.com or 919-694-8770.