Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will aim to graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
Brier Creek students, supported by their community, are excited, empowered, and engaged in their learning, relationships, and futures.
At Brier Creek Elementary, in order to foster a safe and nurturing learning environment that honors the gifts, talents, and uniqueness of every child, so that all students grow socially, emotionally, and academically. Students can achieve their highest potential. In order to create this culture, WE identify with the following core values:
- Using high-quality and innovative instructional practices tailored to 21st century learners;
- Rigorous instruction that promotes growth and achievement for the whole student;
- Explicitly teaching social and emotional skills, the support in transferring these skills beyond the classroom, and the use of restorative practices when resolving conflicts and addressing transgressions;
- A commitment to equity to ensure an end to opportunity gaps and achievement gaps for all students;
- A diverse population that fosters on-going and purposeful relationship-building between students, staff, parents, and the community; and
- Empowerment of students, staff, and parents as learners, leaders, and advocates.