Be A Volunteer!
We have numerous community partners, including parents, grandparents, neighbors, and friends, who volunteer in our school each day. Volunteers work with small groups or one-on-one with students to help them reach success, have Lunch Bunch with students, or organize cooperative games at recess. Volunteers also helop shelve books in the Media Center, make copies for staff, or support our PTA. Volunteers provide valuable support to our school!
We urge members of the community to get involved in our school to help us better serve all of our students. We are eager to involve the entire community including individuals, senior citizens, college students, businesses, churches and synagogues, community groups and others in support of education. Please reach out and let's connect!
Volunteer Registration and Reactivation
For the safety of our children, all volunteers must be cleared through the WCPSS Volunteer Registration System. This includes room parents, field trip chaperones, testing proctors, lunch bunch leaders, and any person who may be alone with a child or group of children in our school. Please review the following information for those registering as a volunteer for the first time in 2019-2020 and for those who had volunteer clearance in 2018-2019.
New Volunteers for 2019-2020
- All new volunteer applicants must register and have an approved criminal record check prior to engaging in volunteer work. Registration can be done in the main office at Brier Creek during office hours - 8:00-4:30, Monday through Friday. If another site is more convenient for you, know that you can complete the registration process at any WCPSS work site.
- Applicants will be notified by email once their application has been approved. Applicants who are not approved will receive notice from Employee Relations.
- Please be mindful that the background check process can take several weeks.
Reactivation for Continuing Volunteers
- All continuing volunteers approved for the 2018-2019 school year MUST reactivate as a volunteer no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 31, 2019. If another site is more convenient for you, know that you can complete the registration process at any WCPSS work site. Reactivation is automatically granted upon completion of the application.
- Current volunteers who provide a valid email address will receive an email 15 days and 30 days prior to the expiration of their volunteer status reminding them to reactivate.
- After October 31, 2019, individuals previously approved may not volunteer without a new criminal record check. To avoid unnecessary costs to the school system, please reactivate your status prior to it expiring.
Registered volunteers, and the school to which they are attached, will receive a letter from Employee Relations if volunteer status is revoked for any reason. For any questions about registering or reactivating volunteer status, please contact our Receptionist, Kay Self, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the front office.
Register to Volunteer at Brier Creek in the Main Office
Monday - Friday
Please bring identification and your Social Security Number or I-9 Identification Number