Latest Drivers Ed Information for LRHS Students
Driver Ed Update: Classroom Registration, BTW, Driver Eligibility Certificates
September 20, 2020
Remote Classroom Sessions and Registration:
- All Fall 2020 classes are now full and I have a waiting list of about 45 students. The next step will be (a) share with other schools if they end up with openings since this is all remote and (b) maintain a waiting list. You will receive notice of either/both.
- All of this is based on age of student, oldest to youngest. There are no 2006 birthdays included in the October, November, or December sessions, which is typical even in a normal year.
- October student placements (DOB Feb 2003-January 2005) were notified 9/18 and once that session is complete, I will notify November students, then December. Everyone should know by 9.30.
- The fee is $65.00, payable online once you are confirmed for a class, and covers the classroom and the BTW lessons.
- There will be actions to take in a timely fashion. Please review all directions and save/print a copy for your own reference.
- Payment must be received prior to the start of the class session and will not be accepted late. Options include online payment or mailing a money order to JDS.
- The certificate of completion is provided at the conclusion of BTW.
- BTW will be a process of waiting perhaps 8-12 weeks since the classes that have already completed will be scheduled. Drivers have permission to drive 1-1 for the 6 hours.
BTW started back July 13 with a reduced work force; we will proceed as scheduled prior to the closure, based on age within the class, oldest to youngest. Drivers typically receive new rosters at the end of the month.
- Some of the May remote classroom students are currently being scheduled (were originally scheduled for the cancelled March class);
- Then we will proceed through the original rosters (April, May, etc.) that were completed remotely during June and July.
- Sometimes younger student is scheduled prior to an older one due to answering the phone or general availability for a time sensitive schedule. If you have a phone setting that does not allow your phone to ring with an unrecognized number, you might want to turn it off.
- I will only move someone up if the student is about to turn 18. Let me know if this applies to you so that I do not miss anyone.
- Each driver has been trained on safety protocols and has specific directions to follow that are not negotiable.
- This process will require patience.
DMV Eligibility Certificates:
Due to building closure, DMV certificates will be issued by the following method:
- Parents/Student may come to the school building anytime between 8am and noon, Monday through Friday. When arriving at school, ring the doorbell and when answered, state that you are here for a DMV certificate. A staff member will then come to the door to assist you.
Applicable DMV Information
- If your child has a valid Driving Eligibility Certificate (DEC) issued by his/her school that was dated between Feb. 9, 2020 and March 10, 2020, that certificate will be accepted by the Division of Motor Vehicles (linked) or up to 30 days after all DMV offices have been reopened. Currently about 1/3 of DMVs are open statewide.
LRHS Driver EducationLead Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.orgDriver Ed Classroom 152 Main Building