Latest Drivers Ed Information for LRHS Students
AUGUST 2021 Driver Education Update email@example.com
Fall registration should be available at www.jordandriving.com by late August/early September after decisions have been finalized for return to face-to-face, after-school instruction. Students will be placed in the class based on age. We will begin classroom sessions in Wake County with the November session which will run 2:30-5:30 for 10 days.
· As mentioned previously, BTW will take place from LRHS in 4-5 months after the classroom session concludes. All school year students county-wide must be scheduled for BTW, prior to moving to summer students.
· The LRHS drivers are scheduling February students who been put on BTW rosters, organized by date of birth. Please do not read that as you should have been called. Hopefully, we will be starting the March students by the end of August, however school will also be back in session which limits drive times.
· Once BTW concludes, the driver will issue a Certificate of Completion. Please review it carefully for correct spelling and all other information BEFORE you leave the lesson.
· Then, students need to request a Driver Eligibility Certificate (DEC) from the Student Services Office.
· PRIVATE BTW Instruction: will be self-funded and info is available or paperwork can be requested by your driving school from JDS per directions here: In-Out-Transfers
DMV Eligibility Certificates:
DMV Eligibility Certificates are issued through the Student Services Office and can be picked up by the student or/parent. You will need to show your copy of the certificate of completion referenced above.
Legislative Update DMV:
Senate Bill 69 (DMV Licensing Requirements) was signed into law by Governor Cooper as Session Law 2021-24. The bill reduces from 12 months to six months that time that a person who is at least 16 years old but less than 18 years old must hold a limited learner’s permit before obtaining a limited provisional driver’s license. It applies to applications for licenses submitted on or after 24 May 2021, but expires on 31 December 2021. A copy of SL2021-24 is linked below. Please review to understand any applications that may related to your novice driver. https://www.ncleg.gov/Sessions/2021/Bills/Senate/PDF/S69v7.pdfAngela Stephenson
LRHS Driver EducationLead Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.orgDriver Ed Classroom 152 Main Building