April 18, 2021 Driver Ed Update
Summer Registration Priority Period closed @ 5:00 April 15.
- Any registration forms received will be placed in any open slots or slots that open as the summer progresses. I will contact you if options arise.
- Notifications of class placements are projected by JDS to be released the first week in May; however, if sooner, I will send out on a rolling basis starting with the June classroom which is almost entirely 2005 birthdays.
- The placement email will indicate 3 action steps and due dates; please follow those as requested.
- Be sure you monitor your parent email/junk mail to receive and act on these notifications of placement; I try to send courtesy reminders, but cannot promise that I will– so make yourself a note about the “hard” deadlines.
- Please understand that the wait time for BTW is difficult to estimate, but is 4+ months long currently. This issue plagues our entire state and especially the larger counties.
DMV Eligibility Certificates:
- Only 4 students from the November classroom have been placed on a BTW roster as of 4.16, while the 2 LRHS drivers complete their October classroom students. Then, our focus will be the November class. It is a slow process, but this situation we are in has impacted all aspects of our lives – it just has. Following that we have December, then February, etc.
- Once BTW concludes, the driver will issue a Certificate of Completion. Please review it carefully for correct spelling and all other information BEFORE you leave the lesson.
- Then, students need to request a Driver Eligibility Certificate (DEC) from the student services office.
- Should you decide to drive privately, it will be self-funded and paperwork can be requested by your driving school from JDS per directions here: In-Out-Transfers
DMV Eligibility Certificates are issued through the student services office and can be picked up by the student or/parent. YOu will need to demonstrate your copy of the certificate of completion referenced above.
Applicable DMV Information