Wakefield Middle School Carpool Procedures
- The front entrance at Wakefield Pines Drive will be closed to incoming traffic from 8:00-8:30 and 2:50-3:30 (except on Early Release days when it is blocked from 12:15 p.m.-12:45 p.m.);
- The entrance leading to the Wakefield Middle School bus loop and the driveway to Wakefield Elementary School is open only to bus traffic. There will be NO student drop-off or pick-up in the bus loop or the Wakefield Elementary driveway area even if a parent picks up his/her child at the front of the school and walks his/her child to the car. This will minimize the risk of students being injured when walking through the bus loop;
- When exiting the Wakefield Middle School campus during pick up or drop off, there is no left turn onto Wakefield Pines Drive due to severe backups;
- Note that there is no supervision of students until 8:00 a.m.;
- A crossing guard will be provided by the Raleigh Police Department at the crosswalk directly in front of the school on Wakefield Pines Drive.
- If you are coming from Falls of Neuse Rd. to Wakefield Pines Drive, take a RIGHT in to the Wakefield High School driveway located right before the tennis courts. You will then follow the signs to pull into the Wakefield Middle School faculty lot.
- If you are coming from New Falls of Neuse Rd. to Wakefield Pines Drive, take a LEFT in to the Wakefield High School driveway located directly after the tennis courts. You will then follow the signs to pull into the Wakefield Middle School faculty lot.
- Stay in the right lane leading into the faculty parking lot to drop your child off in the circle at the front of the school. If you choose this option, you will be required to pull through the carpool loop rather than trying to turn left at the lower crosswalk. If dropping off in front of school, make sure you pull all the way around the circle to maximize the number of students dropped off at one time
- Stay in the left lane at the top of the lot to drop your child off at the sidewalk directly across from the tennis courts. Your child will then walk down the sidewalk along the Wakefield Middle School entrance driveway to the front of the school.