Eagle News for 1/21/24
- 23 Quarter Ends
- 24 Teacher Workday No School
- 25 WCPSS Magnet Application Window Closes
- 2 Report Cards
- 12-16 Bus Driver Appreciation Week
- 19 Presidents’ Day No School
- 20 Teacher Workday No School
Big Weekend for RCMMS Clubs
This Saturday, January 20th, RCMMS Future Cities and Science Olympiad clubs both competed along with teams from across the state. Congratulations to both teams for their hard work this school year.
Spirit Week is January 22 - 26
- Monday: RED OUT Day - Everyone wear RED to support our Eagles Basketball teams!
- Tuesday: Disney/Marvel Day
- Wednesday: NO SCHOOL - Teacher Workday
- Thursday: RCMMS colors Day
- Friday: Teachers Dress Like Students/Students Dress Like Teachers Day
A few deadlines are quickly approaching! January 26th is the LAST DAY to purchase a “Personalized” Yearbook. It is also the last day before the next (and final) price increase. For our 8th graders, January 31st is the LAST DAY to purchase an ad in the back of the Yearbook (a place to add pictures and a special message to your 8th grader). Head to www.jostens.com for ordering, personalizing, and creating ads!!
Second Annual Reach for the Stars! Be a Star!
STEM and Resource Fair for K-12 Students with Disabilities who are interested in STEM and STEM Careers. Families and Friends are invited too!
Saturday, April 6, 202, 10 AM - 2 PM
McKimmon Center, NC State University, 1101 Gorman Street, Raleigh, NC Download details here!
WRAL Voters' Choice Awards Results
Congratulations to Reedy Creek for placing again this year and earning 3rd place in the Voter’s Choice Awards! Thanks to all who voted!
2024 MAGGY Awards
Voting is open for the 2024 Cary Magazine MAGGY Awards. Vote for Reedy Creek as Best Public School and Mr. Chadwick as Best Middle School Principal! Vote here.
Highlights from the PTA
Just a reminder that magnet applications are due by Thursday, January 25th for students that are looking to apply to a magnet program for 2024-2025! Visit the WCPSS Magnet Program site for more information: https://www.wcpss.net/domain/90
Harris Teeter has updated their Together in Education Program for 1/1/2024 - 5/31/2024 that impacts how RCMMS and other linked schools receive funding from the program. Full details are in the PTA Week at the Creek newsletter.
- PBIS SOAR Shop - Sign-up to help us restock the PBIS SOAR shop: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F054DA9AC23AAFA7-46516187-pbis
- Classrooms - Tissue donations are needed. Please bring them to the main office.
Magnet Application Information
- Students in 5th and 8th grade who would like to continue in a magnet school at the next level MUST apply. Apply at wcpss.schoolmint.com. The deadline is January 25.
- Students may apply to any magnet school that is an option for their address. (Review at wcpss.net/eligible.)
- Students with magnet status should be selected if they request their pathway school. See pathways at wcpss.net/pathways.
- ENTRY Grade siblings - those rising into grades K, 6 or 9 - MUST apply and will be assigned with an older sibling who will still be assigned to that magnet school for the 24-25 school year.