Principal's Weekly Message - 1/28/24
Happy Sunday, Pride Families,
Kudos to the staff and students for successfully completing the first semester of the 2023-2024 academic year. There were many achievements to celebrate, and we eagerly look forward to the year's second half.
LRHS Tardy Policy (repost)
- On Monday, January 29, we will resume implementing the new tardy policy. This policy ensures that all students are in their proper locations and ready to learn on time.
- All students have been reminded they have two minutes to make it to class after the warning bell rings. Once the start bell rings, students should be in their classes, preparing to learn.
- Any student arriving late to class must receive a pass from a tardy pass location before entering the classroom. Students may obtain a tardy pass in the main lobby of the main building and the Murphy building, 2nd floor of the main building, and by student services.
- Staff members working at these locations will ask for students' ID numbers and their first and last names and write them a pass for them to enter their class. There is an expectation of compliance and mutual respect when attending one of these stations.
- Please note that consequences applied for excessive tardiness will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A daily email will be sent to parents and students documenting tardies to each class.
- An alpha administrator will contact you if your student receives three tardies in a single class period.
- A single period of ALC will be assigned if your student receives six tardies in a single class period.
- One full day of ISS will be assigned if your student receives nine tardies in a single class period.
- Two full days of ISS will be assigned if your student receives 12 tardies to a single class.
- Additional consequences, such as a short-term revocation of off-campus passes and/or parking passes, may be applied if a student receives 15+ tardies to a single class period.
Remember that the primary goal is to create a safe, positive, and productive learning environment. An effective tardy policy can contribute to this by fostering a sense of responsibility and respect for everyone's time in the classroom.
2nd Semester - Meet the Teacher
Our 2nd Semester - Meet the Teacher will be on Thursday, February 1, from 5:30 to 7:45 pm.
The LRHS PTA will be hosting a Parent Panel on how to prepare your student for life after High School starting at 5:30 pm. Hear former & current LRHS parents on how they have supported their student's preparations for the next chapter of their lives.
Rising 9th Grade - Open House
Our Rising 9th Grade - Open House will be on Thursday, February 8, from 6 pm to 8 pm. We are excited to showcase the vibrant opportunities awaiting your students at Leesville Road HS. This event will empower students and families to make informed decisions about their academic and extracurricular pursuits as they prepare to embark on high school. We are excited to welcome the Class of 2028 to Leesville!
In Sports News: Please take a look at the home games (with ticket links) and away games for the week of 1/29/24-2/3/24
Monday, January 29
- JV/V Girls Basketball vs Rolesville
Ticket Link: https://gofan.co/event/1358788?schoolId=NC1303
Tuesday, January 30
- JV/V Boys Basketball vs Enloe 5/6:30
Ticket Link: https://gofan.co/event/1357226?schoolId=NC1303
Friday, February 2
- JV/V Boys Basketball vs Broughton 5/6:30
Ticket Link: https://gofan.co/event/1357237?schoolId=NC1303
Tuesday, January 30
- JV/V Girls Basketball at Enloe 5/6:30
Thursday, February 1
- Diving:- Pullen Aquatic Center, Raleigh 1A/2A, 3A, and 4A East men and women divers will dive together. Warm-ups 8:30-9:00 am. Competition 9:05 am
Friday, February 2
- JV/V Girls Basketball at Broughton 5/6:30
- Swimming: - Triangle Aquatic Center, Cary Facility opens 3:00 pm Pool open for general warm-ups 3:15-4:00 pm Clear the pool for coaches' meeting 4:00 pm Coaches' meeting 4:05 pm Competition begins following the coaches meeting.
Friday & Saturday February 2 & 3
- Indoor Track at JDL