Principal's Weekly Message - 4/5/2021
This is Ian Solomon, Principal of Leesville Road High School sharing the latest news and upcoming events.
Plan A Transition Q&A Session
In preparation for the return to school, the PTSA will hold a special Q&A session for parents on Tuesday, April 6 from 6:30-8pm. During this time, Mr. Solomon will answer your questions regarding Plan A students' return to in-person instruction. All questions must be submitted by email to email@example.com by noon on Monday, April 5. After answering the pre-submitted questions, we hope to leave 15 minutes at the end of the meeting to answer additional questions from the floor.
Attendance Procedures for In-Person Instruction Beginning April 8
The following link will provide you with specific guidance expectations under Plan A in-person instruction beginning Thursday, April 8. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vRrLVgVCH-FiVU55s7otSF-AmmAbWpYcG6tEAGl5Q1Q/edit
Students who were on Plan B prior to March 22 and have not opted for Virtual Academy should report to school daily beginning Thursday, April 8. If you are changing your learning environment to or from the Virtual Academy, we will contact you when you will start your new schedule with a date no later than April 19.
Spring Break for students and staff begins Monday, March 29. Instruction resumes Thursday, April 8.
Leesville's 2021 graduation ceremonies will be held Thursday, June 10 at 6 PM and Friday, June 11 at 9 AM in Marshall Hamilton Stadium on the Leesville campus. Graduates with last names A-M (except for those taking a June 10 AP Exam) will have their commencement ceremony on Thursday, June 10 at 6 PM. All graduates with last names N-Z (as well as those taking the June 10 AP Exam with last names A - M) will have their commencement ceremony on June 11 at 9 AM. The rain date (as needed for either or both ceremonies) will be Friday, June 11. More detailed information will be forthcoming in the next few weeks, but all senior parents should plan on a Google Meet parent information session in mid-May. Please stay abreast of all information on the All Things 2021 page as well as Mrs. Dinkenor's postings on Twitter (@hdinkenor). All seniors should plan on picking up their caps and gowns on Thursday, April 8 between 2 and 5 PM.
A Night Under the Stars
An event will be held on Saturday, May 22nd for LRHS Seniors. Seniors will be able to purchase a ticket for themselves and one guest. Tickets will be $20 per person. Students will sign up for an hour-long time slot to come and enjoy time with friends. The courtyard of the school will be transformed into a beautiful setting and will include a tent, DJ, and photobooth. Stay tuned for more information on purchasing tickets and signing up for a time window.
Parking and Off -campus Lunch Pass Application for Juniors and Seniors (repeat)
Parking and Lunch Pass Pick-up will be available Tuesday April 6 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the front circle. To receive your pass(es), you will need to have submit your google application and return all books that are overdue, before that time.
Otherwise, they can pick up on April 8, the first day of school in the front office.
AP Exam Schedule (repeat)
An informational flyer is now on the school's main website under Pride News that has information about AP Testing for this spring. You can also access this information using the following link: https://www.wcpss.net/cms/lib/NC01911451/Centricity/Domain/1078/AP%20Exam%20Flyer.pdf
Please view this flyer for details about the testing calendar. Any questions can be directed to Mr. Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-ACT Information (repeat)
Although all LRHS sophomores may take the free PREACT, we understand that not all sophomores (nor their parents) will be comfortable taking the exam in person. Sophomores are encouraged to participate, but there is no penalty for not participating. Bus transportation will be available to students who sign up. Students will be required to socially distance themselves as well as wear a mask during the test session. Students outside of WCPSS will not be allowed to test.
PREACT Exam is April 14 @ 7:30 - 11:00 am.
We are asking sophomores who are interested in taking the exam to sign up through this link so we can plan for appropriate social distancing:
Class of 2021 Information (repeat)
- Caps and gown will be delivered to the school on April 8. Cohort B may get theirs from 2-3 PM, and Cohorts A and C and VA students can get theirs from 3-5 PM. (Please note this is a change as cohort dates have changed). If you have not ordered, please order ASAP from this site linked here: LRHS cap & gown.
- Seniors (linked HERE) in the Class of 2021 have qualified for an honors stole. If you qualified and would like to purchase one, the cost is $13 and can be purchased at this link: LRHS $13 payment for honors stoles. This honor is determined by your cumulative weighted GPA from your first semester freshman year through the end of first semester of your senior year (January 2021). These will be delivered with caps and gowns on April 8. Mrs. Dinkenor knows which stole you earned and will give you the correct one at delivery. If you have any questions about your GPA, please email Mrs. Dinkenor at email@example.com or your individual counselor.
- We are beginning to learn information from the county about graduation and what that will entail and look like. Please know that as soon as we know more, we will pass that information on to you. Thank you for your patience as we navigate another graduation that may not look the same as previous graduations but will still be just as important and celebratory to our seniors and our community.
Textbook and Supply Distribution (repeat)
Our next textbook collection event will be held Thursday, April 15. Collection will begin at 3:30 pm and end at 5:30 pm. To make things run smoothly, please adhere to the following:
- Have your student check with their teacher(s) to see if a book or supplies is needed for the class.
- All traffic should approach campus from Country Trail, making a right turn into the Carpool lane at the front of the school.
- Prepare an information sheet prior to arriving to campus that you will show attendants with the following:
-Your student’s first and last name
- Course Name and description (i.e., Honors Chemistry, AP Calculus, World History etc.)
-Teacher’s last name for the course
- Remain in your vehicle and a staff member will assist you.
Thank you for your continued support of Leesville Road High School, where we take PRIDE in everything we do.