Principal's Weekly Message - 3/22/2021
This is Ian Solomon, Principal of Leesville Road High School sharing the latest news and upcoming events.
In-person instruction for students in Cohort 1(a) begins Monday, March 22 thru Friday, March 26.
Asynchronous Learning Day
Wednesday, March 24 is a districtwide asynchronous learning day.
Spring Break for students and staff begins Monday, March 29.
This is a reminder for all students and parents that students must sign out from the attendance office if leaving school early. For specific details regarding attendance policies please refer to the Leesville Road High School Student / Parent Handbook.
Off -campus Lunch Pass Application for Juniors and Seniors
Please fill out the following and note the pick-up dates on the form. March 25 from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM and April 6 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Once submitted Lunch Pass will be available for pick-up.
Please note signatures must be uploaded to document for permission to go off-campus. Signature is only viewable for administration verification.
AP Exam Schedule
An informational flyer is now on the school's main website under Pride News that has information about AP Testing for this spring. You can also access this information using the following link: https://www.wcpss.net/cms/lib/NC01911451/Centricity/Domain/1078/AP%20Exam%20Flyer.pdf
Please view this flyer for details about the testing calendar. Any questions can be directed to Mr. Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking Pass Pickup
Parking Passes may be picked up on March 25 from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM or on April 6 for 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. If you have not already applied and need a Parking Pass, please use this link.
Although all LRHS sophomores may take the free PREACT, we understand that not all sophomores (nor their parents) will be comfortable taking the exam in person. Sophomores are encouraged to participate, but there is no penalty for not participating. Bus transportation will be available to students who sign up. Students will be required to socially distance themselves as well as wear a mask during the test session. Students outside of WCPSS will not be allowed to test.
PREACT Exam is April 14 @ 7:30 - 11:00 am.
We are asking sophomores who are interested in taking the exam to sign up through this link so we can plan for appropriate social distancing:
Class of 2021 Information (repeat)
- Caps and gown will be delivered to the school on April 8. Cohort B may get theirs from 2-3 PM, and Cohorts A and C and VA students can get theirs from 3-5 PM. (Please note this is a change as cohort dates have changed). If you have not ordered, please order ASAP from this site linked here: LRHS cap & gown.
- Seniors (linked HERE) in the Class of 2021 have qualified for an honors stole. If you qualified and would like to purchase one, the cost is $13 and can be purchased at this link: LRHS $13 payment for honors stoles. This honor is determined by your cumulative weighted GPA from your first semester freshman year through the end of first semester of your senior year (January 2021). These will be delivered with caps and gowns on April 8. Mrs. Dinkenor knows which stole you earned and will give you the correct one at delivery. If you have any questions about your GPA, please email Mrs. Dinkenor at email@example.com or your individual counselor.
- We are beginning to learn information from the county about graduation and what that will entail and look like. Please know that as soon as we know more, we will pass that information on to you. Thank you for your patience as we navigate another graduation that may not look the same as previous graduations but will still be just as important and celebratory to our seniors and our community.
Textbook and Supply Distribution (repeat)
Our next textbook collection event will be held Thursday, March 25. Collection will begin at 3:30 pm and end at 5:30 pm. To make things run smoothly, please adhere to the following:
- Have your student check with their teacher(s) to see if a book or supplies is needed for the class.
- All traffic should approach campus from Country Trail, making a right turn into the Carpool lane at the front of the school.
- Prepare an information sheet prior to arriving to campus that you will show attendants with the following:
-Your student’s first and last name
- Course Name and description (i.e., Honors Chemistry, AP Calculus, World History etc.)
-Teacher’s last name for the course
- Remain in your vehicle and a staff member will assist you.
Thank you for your continued support of Leesville Road High School, where we take PRIDE in everything we do.