Principal's Weekly Message - 3/1/2021
This is Ian Solomon, Principal of Leesville Road High School sharing the latest news and upcoming events.
In-person instruction for students in Cohort 1(a) begins Monday, March 1 thru Friday, March 5.
2021-2022 Class Registration Information
2021-2022 Class Registration Information can be found here: http://leesvillestudentservices.weebly.com/registration.html Please reach out to your student's assigned counselor or Mr. Greene with any questions. Student Services is conducting 2021-2022 Class Registration Workshops Monday, March 1 from 6:30 to 7:30 For more detailed information, please go the class registration workshop link under the Pride News section of our homepage.
Asynchronous Learning Day
Wednesday, March 3 is a districtwide asynchronous learning day.
Textbook and Supply Distribution
Our next textbook collection event will be held Thursday, March 11. Collection will begin at 3:30 pm and end at 5:30 pm. To make things run smoothly, please adhere to the following:
- Have your student check with their teacher(s) to see if a book or supplies is needed for the class.
- All traffic should approach campus from Country Trail, making a right turn into the Carpool lane at the front of the school.
- Prepare an information sheet prior to arriving to campus that you will show attendants with the following:
-Your student’s first and last name
- Course Name and description (i.e., Honors Chemistry, AP Calculus, World History etc.)
-Teacher’s last name for the course
- Remain in your vehicle and a staff member will assist you.
Early Release Passes
Students who will be leaving campus early (after 2nd period or after 3rd period), should come to Student Services to pick up their Release Pass the first day they report to school on their Cohort. Students should do this at the conclusion of their day.
Bus Rider Attestation Forms (repeat)
All bus riders are required to submit the one-time attestation form. Forms can be found at wcpss.net/busform. Parents have the option of submitting the form online at https://busriderattestation.wcpss.net/ or by hard copy to the office.
Return to Campus Videos (repeat)
The following video links will provide you a visual presentation of the protocols and procedures that are in place to keep our school community safe as we return to campus.
Welcoming, Arrival Procedures, Health Screening Procedures - Link to Video 1 & Video 2
- Classroom, Face Covering, & Lunch Procedures - Link to Video
- Bathroom, Hallway, & Water Fountain Procedures - Link to Video
- Cohorts Explained, Dismissal, & Bus Riding Procedures - Link to Video 1 & Video 2
LRHS Health and Safety Manual (repeat)
As we prepare for in-person instruction, it is important that students and parents have a feel for what to expect. The following link provides you with detailed information and answers to many questions you may have regarding daily operations that account for COVID-19 concerns we all have. This information can also be found at the top of our homepage as well as the LRHS News section of our website.
Setting up Powerschool (repeat)
If you have not created or accessed Powerschool this year, please click here to learn more about the process. Powerschool will give you access to your student's grades, attendance, and other important student information.
Thank you for your continued support of Leesville Road High School, where we take PRIDE in everything we do.