Principal's Weekly Message - 2/22/2021
This is Ian Solomon, Principal of Leesville Road High School sharing the latest news and upcoming events.
In-person instruction for students in Cohort 3(c) begins Monday, February 22 thru Friday, February 26.
Schedule for February 23 Remote Learning Day
Please find the details for Tuesday, February 23 located on this document. The day includes a morning of ACT Testing for juniors and mandated trainings for 9th, 10th, and 12th graders through Student Services. The afternoon will have abbreviated classes for all four periods. The only students reporting to campus on February 23 will be 11th grade students taking the ACT along with specific regional program students. All other instructional activities taking place will be remote.
SECU Scholarship Reminder
Attention Seniors, the deadline to apply for the $10,000 SECU People Helping People Scholarship is fast approaching. The deadline is February 22. Details can be found on the February Scholarship Bulletin: https://www.wcpss.net/cms/lib/NC01911451/Centricity/Domain/1078/February.pdf
Asynchronous Learning Day
Wednesday, February 24 is a districtwide asynchronous learning day.
In-Person Makeup State Exams
- If you missed a state exam in January, make-up exams will be on February 24 @ 7:30 am. Bus transportation is available for students who request it. Students will need to arrive by 7:00 am to be screened. They will need to wear a mask the entire time they are on campus.
Please fill out the following document by February 22 so appropriate social distancing can be arranged: https://forms.gle/wDJiZcFxJQdmtZEV9
Textbook and Supply Distribution
Our next textbook collection event will be held Thursday, February 25. Collection will begin at 3:30 pm and end at 5:30 pm. To make things run smoothly, please adhere to the following:
- Have your student check with their teacher(s) to see if a book or supplies is needed for the class.
- All traffic should approach campus from Country Trail, making a right turn into the Carpool lane at the front of the school.
- Prepare an information sheet prior to arriving to campus that you will show attendants with the following:
-Your student’s first and last name
- Course Name and description (i.e., Honors Chemistry, AP Calculus, World History etc.)
-Teacher’s last name for the course
- Remain in your vehicle and a staff member will assist you.
LRHS Rising 9th Grade Open House and Curriculum Fair
Leesville Road High School will hold our annual Rising Ninth Grade Open House from 5:30 to 6:40 pm Thursday, February 25. We will also hold our Curriculum Fair Thursday, February 25 from 7 to 8pm. Both events are virtual. More information can be found under Pride News (Curriculum / Registration event) or by using the link below.
Early Release Passes
Students who will be leaving campus early (after 2nd period or after 3rd period), should come to Student Services to pick up their Release Pass the first day they report to school on their Cohort. Students should do this at the conclusion of their day.
Bus Rider Attestation Forms (repeat)
All bus riders are required to submit the one-time attestation form. Forms can be found at wcpss.net/busform. Parents have the option of submitting the form online at https://busriderattestation.wcpss.net/ or by hard copy to the office.
Return to Campus Videos (repeat)
The following video links will provide you a visual presentation of the protocols and procedures that are in place to keep our school community safe as we return to campus.
Welcoming, Arrival Procedures, Health Screening Procedures - Link to Video 1 & Video 2
- Classroom, Face Covering, & Lunch Procedures - Link to Video
- Bathroom, Hallway, & Water Fountain Procedures - Link to Video
- Cohorts Explained, Dismissal, & Bus Riding Procedures - Link to Video 1 & Video 2
LRHS Health and Safety Manual (repeat)
As we prepare for in-person instruction, it is important that students and parents have a feel for what to expect. The following link provides you with detailed information and answers to many questions you may have regarding daily operations that account for COVID-19 concerns we all have. This information can also be found at the top of our homepage as well as the LRHS News section of our website.
Setting up Powerschool (repeat)
If you have not created or accessed Powerschool this year, please click here to learn more about the process. Powerschool will give you access to your student's grades, attendance, and other important student information.
Thank you for your continued support of Leesville Road High School, where we take PRIDE in everything we do.