Principal's Weekly Message - 8/26/2019
This is Ian Solomon, Principal of Leesville Road High School sharing the latest news and upcoming events.
First Day of School
Monday, August 26 is the first day of school. Please be sure to leave a few minutes early to allow enough time to navigate traffic and establish routines for the safe arrival to campus.
Open House Feedback
Please take the opportunity to provide us with constructive feedback regarding our Open House format on August 22. Please use the following link to access the survey: https://forms.gle/bmH4as4AS67pcKUf9
Leesville Road High School PTSA uses MemberHub to bring you into our school community and keep you informed and engaged with what is happening. Within our MemberHub site, you will find newsletters, sign-up sheets, shared calendar events, forms, reminders, photos, and much more, all in one place! Once you have joined LRHS MemberHub you will have access to various smaller hubs that are important and specific to you and your family.
For more information about the LRMS PTSA please visit https://www.wcpss.net/domain/5715
or join LRHS MemberHub today by clicking on this unique link: https://lrhsptsa.memberhub.com/join/7untqw
Presidential Volunteer Service Award
The Presidential Volunteer Service Award application is posted on the LRHS website. The complete application is due Friday September 20, 2019. Begin working now to organize your documentation for the community service you completed this past year. The application is multistep, please make sure to turn in all parts to receive an award! https://www.wcpss.net/domain/5715
Athletics – Week of August 26
Please go to our Athletics link on our homepage to see where and when our various Fall season teams will compete this week. Roll Pride!!
Labor Day Holiday
There will be no school on Monday, September 2 in observance of Labor Day.
Driver’s Education Information (repeat)
Fall Driver Ed Information is scheduled to be posted mid-to-late August for the fall classroom options. In addition, you can check the Jordan Driving School (JDS) website or holiday and Saturday options and then apply directly through JDS. LRHS spring 2020 dates will be provided later. There will be one 10-day session per month for September, October, November, and December. We will not have a January class, but will register & schedule February - May 2020 around October. Fall students do not begin BTW until all WCPSS Summer students have driven.
- Please refer to www.jordandriving.com for the fall classroom information, the current registration form, and class session dates which will list September, October, November, and December 2019. After school times are 2:30-5:30 and you must provide your own transportation by 5:45 each of the 10 days of class.
- Students will be placed in a class according to age, oldest to youngest, based on the registration forms that are received. Students must be at least 14.5 years of age on the first day of the class.
- Students should submit the completed registration form to the LRHS main office; notifications regarding class placement will be made via email. You can email a copy but follow up to the main office with a hard copy via your student.
- Please provide all registration information legibly and in ink in order to facilitate notification via your email address. Once you are assigned a class, you will be notified how to pay the $65.00 fee.
- Email Leesvilledrivered@aol.com if you need additional information that is not available on the Jordan Driving School website. Do NOT phone or email the LRHS main office. Thank you!
Thank you for your continued support of Leesville Road High School, where we take PRIDE in everything we do.