Cary Elementary Transportation Tips
- Enter the carpool route at the Faculty Drive entrance (school back parking lot). Follow the flow of traffic through the parking lot as designated.
- In the carpool loop, please wait for staff members to open your door before allowing your students to leave your car.
- When you enter the carpool loop, please have your carpool number visibly displayed. For families needing additional carpool tags (up to three per carpool number), additional tags are available in the office.
- Please pay close attention to the route number assigned to your stop on the route list; https://www.wcpss.net/Page/174
- Please note that pick up/drop off times can fluctuate by up to 10 minutes based on numerous circumstances. Please have your child at the bus stop about 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.
- Students are only allowed to ride their assigned bus and use their assigned stop per school board policy. Requests to ride the bus home with a friend cannot be approved so please make carpool arrangements in these cases (and write a note to both teachers).
- Buses will use the front loop at the Kildaire Farm Road entrance. Please do not use this entrance unless you arrive on campus after 9:15 am and/or 3:45 pm. We have a large amount of bus traffic in the loop at arrival and dismissal time, as well as walkers crossing the street, and additional vehicles in the loop could pose safety problems.
- Should you require a new school bus stop, a change of an existing bus stop, or another change in an established school bus route, you may do so through the WCPSS Transportation Department using the Transportation Service Request form found online at: https://www.wcpss.net/transportation
- If a bus is over 30 minutes late, we will notify parents.
- If you have questions or concerns about a route, call Transportation at 919-805-3030.
- If your student will be going home with a friend, or in a different way than usual, please send a note with your student explaining the changes and how long they will last. We will be unable to send students home with friends or to release students to individuals not listed on the locator card without written parent permission.
- If your student walks to school from the Walnut Street side of Kildaire Farm Road, please make sure your student crosses with the crossing guard.