2014 - 2015 Carpool Procedures
Safety is our primary concern. Our carpool system is designed to offer safe and efficient dismissal of students who are picked up daily in private vehicles. Tags with students’ names are issued to parents when they register their children for carpool. Written authorization must be on file for an adult to pick up any child other than his or her own children. We ask all parents who drive to school to pick up their children through the carpool line.MORNING PROCEDURES
Pre-school parents who must sign in children in class: Please pull into the designated pre-school parking spaces at the end of the parking lot nearest the kindergarten playground. You may then safely walk your children up the sidewalk and into the building. For safety reasons, please refrain from parking in other spaces which would necessitate walking across the parking lot and through the carpool lane.AFTERNOON PROCEDURESThere are an additional 20-30 cars who will be parking in front of the carpool line in order to come into the building to pick up their pre-school children at 3:15. If you do not have a pre-school child at JGES, please do not pull ahead of these cars until directed to do so.
- Parents may drop off their children at the carpool curb beginning at 8:45 a.m.
- We recommend children be dropped off no later than 9:00 so that they don’t have to rush to get to their class, unpack, listen to announcements at 9:10 and be prepared for instruction to begin at 9:15 a.m.
- Please enter our carpool circle slowly, paying attention to other cars who are parked or moving in the area.
- We request no cell phone use while in our carpool line.
- Pull up to the end of the unloading curb and stop.
- Please have your children have all their materials for school ready to take with them when they exit your car.
- There will be safety patrol students at the curb to open the door for your children.
- A safe environment is created when everyone waits their turn to exit the line and does not pass cars on the left.
- An adult will also be on duty to assist and supervise the children as they enter the building.
- Please do not drop your children off prior to 8:45, as there is no supervision and they will not be permitted to enter the building.
All parents are expected to follow the school’s carpool and dismissal procedures. Consistent procedures allow for orderly, efficient, and safe entry and dismissal of all of our students.Please complete the Carpool Registration form below to participate in our carpool lane!
- If you enter the carpool line before 3:40 you will need to begin the line behind the orange cones that will be used to stop traffic. We plan to have the parents of all of our pre-school children load their children and exit the line by 3:40. Once pre-school has left the carpool line, we will remove the cones and you may pull your car up to be ready for the 3:45 dismissal.
- Carpool drop off time is from 8:45-9:10 a.m. please park and bring your child into the building if you arrive after 9:10 a.m as there will not be adult supervision available.
- Carpool pick up time begins at 3:45 p.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m. Carpool will begin at 1:15 on the six early release days. Parent must come to the office to check out their children if arriving late.
- Parents must have a school-authorized carpool tag. Please display your carpool tag on the passenger side window until your child has been loaded into your car.
- If your children do not come to the carpool loading area after two attempts of announcing their names have been made, parents will need to pull up and wait until we can retrieve your children.
- Do not park your vehicle and walk through the parking lot to avoid the carpool line. For the safety and fairness of everyone, please wait your turn.
- Do not pass a car on the left when attempting to exit the carpool line. Please wait for the car(s) in front of you to pull out before you pull out behind them.
- For the safety of everyone, please turn off cell phones and avoid multitasking while moving in the carpool line.
- Please watch for pedestrians crossing the main crosswalk in front of the school entrance.
- It’s a great idea to join with your neighbors in carpooling your children. This helps keep our carpool line shorter and helps our environment as well.