Jeffreys Grove Elementary
Safety is our primary concern. Our carpool system is designed to offer safe and efficient dismissal of students who are picked up daily in private vehicles. Tags with students’ names are issued to parents when they register their children for carpool. Written authorization must be on file for an adult to pick up any child other than his or her own children. We ask all parents who drive to school to pick up their children through the carpool line (i.e. – please do not park across the street from the school to pick up your child in a car.)
Due to the increased number of cars in carpool and the back up onto Creedmoor Rd, we have instituted a double lane traffic pattern. As you enter the parking lot, cars will form two lines that will merge into one as you approach the carpool pick up area.
Parents may drop off their children at the carpool curb beginning at 8:45 a.m. We recommend children be dropped off no later than 9:00 a.m. so that they do not have to rush to get to their classroom, unpack, listen to morning announcements at 9:10 a.m. and be prepared for instruction to begin at 9:15 a.m. Please enter our carpool circle slowly, paying attention to other cars who are parked or moving in the area. We request that no cell phones be used while in our carpool line. Pull up to the end of the unloading curb and stop. Please have your children prepared to exit the car with all their materials for school ready. There will be a safety patrol student at the curb to open the door for your children. A safe environment is created when everyone waits their turn to exit the line and does not pass cars on the left. An adult will also be on duty to assist and supervise the children as they enter the building. Please do not drop your children off prior to 8:45 a.m., as there is no supervision and they will not be permitted to enter the building.
Carpool drop off time is from 8:45 – 9:10 a.m. If you arrive after 9:10 a.m., please park and bring your child into the building as there will no longer be adult supervision available. After 9:15 a.m., children are late, and parents need to accompany the children into the front office to be signed in.
AM- Pre-K students will be dropped off in the carpool lane. PM- Pre-K students will be picked up in the bus loop. Only Pre-K parents’ cars are allowed in the bus loop.
If you enter the carpool line before 3:40 p.m. you will need to begin the line behind the yellow cones that will be used to stop traffic.
- Carpool pick up time begins at 3:45 p.m. and ends at 4:05 p.m. After 4:05 p.m., children are brought to the front office. Parents arriving late will need to come into the office to sign out their children.
- Parents must have a school-authorized carpool tag. Please display your carpool tag on the passenger side window until your child has been loaded into your car.
- Do not pass a car on the left when attempting to exit the carpool line. Please wait for the car(s) in front of you to pull out before you pull out behind them.
- If your children do not come to the carpool loading area after two attempts of announcing their names have been made, parents will need to pull up and wait until we can retrieve your children.
- Do not park your vehicle and walk through the parking lot to avoid the carpool line. For the safety and fairness of everyone, please wait your turn.
- Likewise, please do not come to the office after 3:15 p.m. to sign students out. Teachers are instructing until the end of the day and this will waste valuable instructional time. Students should only be checked out early due to exceptional circumstances and not to avoid carpool.
- For the safety of everyone, please turn off all cell phones and avoid multitasking while moving in the carpool line.
- Do NOT park on Eddystone Road and have your child “walk” to be picked up in your car. If you come to pick up your child in a car, you must wait in the carpool line.
- It’s a great idea to join with your neighbors in carpooling your children. This helps keep our carpool line shorter and helps our environment as well.