Rising YES Kindergarten Family Information
Ready-Set-Kindergarten! We are so excited to support your family as your child makes their leap into school! You may find the information below helpful. Be sure to browse through the information, especially the links for more support. We have additional resources at the bottome of this page as well!
York Elementary School (YES) - Traditional Calendar K-5 Elementary School - STEM School of Distinction
- Address: 5201 Brookhaven Drive, Raleigh, NC 27612
- Main Phone Line: 919-881-4960
- Fax Number: 919-704-2099
- School Website: https://www.wcpss.net/yorkes
- Students Arrive 8:45 AM - 9:10 AM
- School Day Start 9:15 AM
- Students Dismiss at 3:45 PM
- After 3:30 PM, students must be picked up in carpool – no early checkouts.
Popsicles & Play Dates for Rising Kindergarteners and their Families
- Our PTA will host a Kindergarten Meet & Greet on August 18, 2019 from 3:00 - 4:30 pm, stay connected for more information!
Kindergarten Staggered Entry
- August 26th 27th, 28th, and 29th – Students will come in small groups for one of the first four days. Staggered Entry Dates were passed out at Kindergarten Orientation and will be mailed to families not in attendance in August. They are also posted on our website calendar.
- Kindergarten “Meet the Teacher” – Friday, August 30, 2019: Families & students can “drop in” to meet their assigned Kindergarten teacher from 2-3pm.
- First Day of Kindergarten for ALL Kinder Students – Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
- Bus Schedule Link -Check the website in August for posted bus routes.
- “Here Comes the Bus App:” https://www.wcpss.net/herecomesthebus
- District Code: 67500
- Immunization Information: https://www.wcpss.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=166
- Kindergarten Health Assessment : https://www.wcpss.net/domain/56
- Immunization Forms and Kindergarten Health Assessments must be turned in by September 25th, 2018 or students will be excluded from school.
- York Elementary PTA information = https://www.wcpss.net/domain/12576
- If your student will be using carpool throughout the year, please sign up for a carpool number. Carpool numbers will be available at the front office, but also at all of our Beginning of the Year Events Including: Meet the Teacher events, each day during Kindergarten Staggered Entry, and Kindergarten “Meet the Teacher.”
- If your Kindergarten student has an older sibling at York Elementary, the whole family will use the same carpool number.
- We re-issue new carpool tags each year - please dispose of last year's tag.
- 1702 Medication Form: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/167
- A parent must bring the medication to school and sign the medication into the office (DO NOT send medications in with the child)
- Medications must be in their original containers with the prescription label
- Monthly Cafeteria Menus: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1847
- Information on Establishing a WCPSS Lunch Account for Your Child: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1848
- Online School Lunch Link: www.myschoolbucks.com
- Free and Reduced Lunch Forms: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1849
- Lunch Prices: **Breakfast: Elementary = $1.25 **Lunch: Elementary = $2.55
Before School Care
- Is provided by the YMCA - click on this link to set up before school care service for your child = https://www.ymcatriangle.org/programs/school-programs/school-programs
- Starts as early as 7:00 AM.
- The YMCA will also partner with York Elementary to offer Y learning - an after school program. More information will be sent home in the fall from your child's teacher.
After School Care
- York Elementary will be offering After School Care through an in-house program.
- Hours will run from 3:45 PM to 6:00 PM
- More information will be available at Meet the Teacher in August. Families can register for after school care at that time.
Stay Connected with us Digitally and on Social Media