Rising YES Kindergarten Family Information
Ready-Set-Kindergarten! We are so excited to support your family as your child makes their leap into school! You may find the information below helpful. Be sure to browse through the information, especially the links for more support.
York Elementary School (YES) - Traditional Calendar K-5 Elementary School
2020 STEM School of Distinction
- New Address (swing space location): 12004 Strickland Road, Raleigh NC 27613
- Main Phone Line: 919-881-4960
- Fax Number: 919-704-2099
- School Website: https://www.wcpss.net/yorkes
*NOTE: Our building will be undergoing construction for the next year and a half. We expect to move back to our new brick and mortar building in December 2021.
- Students Arrive 8:45 AM - 9:10 AM
- School Day Start 9:15 AM
- Students Dismiss at 3:45 PM
- After 3:30 PM, students must be picked up in carpool – no early checkouts.
First Day of Kindergarten for ALL Kinder Students
August 17, 2020 (ALL students will start remotely)
- Bus Schedule Link - Check the website in August for posted bus routes.
- “Here Comes the Bus App:” https://www.wcpss.net/herecomesthebus
- District Code: 67500
- Immunization Information: https://www.wcpss.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=166
- Kindergarten Health Assessment : https://www.wcpss.net/domain/56
- Immunization Forms and Kindergarten Health Assessments must be turned in by the end of September or students will be excluded from school until the form is submitted.
- York Elementary PTA information = https://www.wcpss.net/domain/12576
- If your student will be using carpool throughout the year, we will be giving those out when school starts. After the first few weeks of school carpool numbers will be available at the front office. Just call the office to let us know you need a number.
- If your Kindergarten student has an older sibling at York Elementary, the whole family will use the same carpool number.
- We re-issue new carpool tags each year - please dispose of last year's tag.
- 1702 Medication Form: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/167
- A parent must bring the medication to school and sign the medication into the office (DO NOT send medications in with the child) - Please call the school first so that we can set up a time for you to drop medications off.
- Medications must be in their original containers with the prescription label
- Monthly Cafeteria Menus: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1847
- Information on Establishing a WCPSS Lunch Account for Your Child: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1848
- Online School Lunch Link: www.myschoolbucks.com
- Free and Reduced Lunch Forms: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1849
- Lunch Prices: **Breakfast: Elementary = $1.25 **Lunch: Elementary = $2.55
Before/After School Care
- Is provided by the YMCA for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Click on this link to set up before school care service for your child = https://www.ymcatriangle.org/programs/school-programs/school-programs
- Starts as early as 7:00 AM.
- More details to come soon!
Stay Connected with us Digitally via Social Media