RES is participating in the 2018-2019 READVOLUTION! This year the READvolution time frame will be between Monday, Sept. 24 and Friday, Nov. 16. Your child will be able to be part of this event by reading daily for at least 20 minutes a day! This year’s challenge features both individual and school-wide components!
Click computer icon to start your reading log!
The individual component will include the following:
- Through an online tracking system, students will provide their name and the number of minutes read each day. Please see the log-in instructions.
- Students who achieve the goal of reading 20 minutes per day throughout the allotted time frame (for a total of 800 minutes) will receive two complimentary ticket vouchers to a Hurricanes home game.
The school-wide component of the challenge includes the tracking of books read collectively at the school site. This component will include the following:
- Schools that collectively read 2,020 books between Sept. 24 and Nov. 16 will be entered into a drawing by region to participate in a culminating event (the Cool School Field Trip) at PNC Arena during the school day in February.
- If your school is selected from the drawing to attend the Cool School Field Trip, students will have the opportunity to see a Hurricanes practice, participate in fun activities, and hear from Hurricanes players.
- Students will record the titles of every book they read along with their names on paper “pucks.” These “pucks” will be added to their school’s Hurricanes hockey goal banner. The goal is to collectively fill the banner with 2,020 pucks.