As you know, our Board of Education will be voting on our return to school on Tuesday, September 29th. Once a decision is made, we will communicate the specifics of student return.
Please mark your calendar….
- Interims and Istation reports will be sent home via email on Friday, September 25th.
- Reminder that Monday, September 28th is a Teacher Workday. School is out for students so they will not need to log in to their Google Meets.
- Forest Pines Drive will have asynchronous days on October 2nd, October 9th, and October 16th.
- What is an asynchronous day?
- Asynchronous day is an instructional day.
- Students do not have to log in at a specific time that day unless the teacher decides to do some small group instruction with the student.
- Students may be given time to catch up any work they are behind on.
- Teachers may assign pre-recorded lessons activities for students to access and complete when the student is able to.
- Teachers may assign activities for the student to complete such as Dreambox.
- This will be teacher specific so please check with your teacher for the specifics.
- On these days, students may work at their own pace with no specific time to log on unless working in small group with the teacher.
Join us for a virtual session on Dreambox and Istation. We will hold two sessions with the same information. Please join the session that best fits your schedule.
Tuesday, Sept. 29th at 5:00 pm
Friday, Oct. 2nd at 9:00 am
This information will be recorded if you are unable to attend.
Please help us plan for the re-opening of school by completing this survey. You only need to complete one survey for your family. Click here to access the form.
Forest Pines Book Checkout 2020: Click here for the link on how to check out books during remote learning and Virtual Academy.
Thank you to our AWESOME PTA for providing us with snacks on Friday. What a great way to end the day! If you haven’t joined, it’s not too late. Your membership dues support school programs, teacher grants, technology, school improvements and much more! Joining only takes a moment online through our web store. You can also purchase a school spirit t-shirt, a magnet or grab one of last year's yearbooks while they last. https://fpde.new.memberhub.store/
On Tuesday, September 22nd, the Wake County Board of Education was provided an update regarding the reopening of school campuses for students who have opted for Plan B. While the update does not commit to a specific date or details, it does provide the conditions for reopening our buildings. The district is proposing a target date of Oct. 26 for students who have opted for Plan B to return to in-person instruction. Schools using modified calendar schedules and specific groups of children could begin sooner. A detailed plan will be presented to the school board in the next two to three weeks for approval from the Wake County Board of Education. Read more.
Action Needed By Sept. 21: Complete Survey Regarding Returning to School Campuses
Families, please complete this survey to provide feedback regarding students returning to school campuses for in-person instruction. Please submit your responses by Monday, Sept. 21 at 5 p.m.
Complete Esta Encuesta Sobre el Regreso de los Estudiantes a los Recintos Escolares
Familias, por favor completen esta encuesta para proporcionar sus comentarios sobre el regreso de los estudiantes a las escuelas para recibir instrucción en persona. Favor de presentar sus comentarios antes del lunes 21 de septiembre a las 5 PM.
- Friday, September 25th: Pajama Day-wear your favorite pajamas to class
- Friday, October 2nd: Stuff Animal Day-bring your favorite stuffed animal to class