Mission and Vision
Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
This is a school where parents, staff members, and community members will collaborate to provide our students with challenging and enriching educational opportunities that meet individual needs, advance their unique talents, encourage environmental stewardships, and promote compassionate and caring leaders.
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
- Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
- The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
The East Cary community values:
- Enhancing the individual growth of each student and educator.
- Collaborating among students, teachers, families, and businesses.
- Promoting a safe, positive environment for students, faculty, parents, and community.
- Expanding student's knowledge through diverse and rigorous instructional methods.
- Analyzing and effectively utilizing data to drive our best educational practices to close the achievement gap and attain high growth.