We will begin Kindergarten helping your child learn and show these exciting things for themselves.
- I can count to 20 by ones
- I can count forward starting at a given number.
- I can count and write numbers from 0 to 20.
- I can write a number for a group of 0 to 20 objects.
- I can name a group of objects by using a number.
- I can identify and count the number of up to 10 objects in a scattered arrangement.
- I can compare how two objects are similar or different
- I can place objects into categories.
- I can find, tell about and compare shapes
- I can name upper- and lower-case letters of the alphabet.
- I can show that reading is from left to right, top to bottom and page to page
- I can show you the front, back and title page of a book
- I can show you that words I hear from a story are made up of a sequence of letters
- I can enjoy and understand group reading activities
- I can describe how words and pictures work together to tell a story
- I can tell and draw about an event with the help of an adult