October 11, 2019 UpdatePosted by Michele Tempke on 10/11/2019 10:45:00 AM
October 11, 2019
Dear Partnership Pioneer Families,
I hope you are enjoying the great weather. I have a few updates:
*Third, Fourth and Fifth grade students will compete NC Math Check In Assessments next week – 4th grade will be given on the 15th; 3rd grade on the 16th and 5th grade on the 17th. These assessment results allow teachers to direct instruction. Please be sure as always that your child has a good nights rest, eats a healthy breakfast and arrives to school on time.
*READvolution – Information will be going home next week about our partnership with the Carolina Hurricanes to support daily reading outside of school. Please jot down the name of the books and time your child has been reading over the break so you can log it in to the online tracking system. The individual goal is for children to read 20 minutes per day for a total of 800 minutes between Sept. 30 – Dec 6th. Students who achieve this goal will receive two complimentary tickets to a Hurricanes home game. The school goal is to achieve 2,020 books read to be entered into a drawing for a field trip to the PNC arena to watch the Hurricanes practice.
*Planting Day – Please join us Saturday, October 19th in the morning to work on planting and cleaning up our school yard. We really need as much help as we can get. Our time allotted is from 8:30-11:00 am – Come anytime during that time period.
*Magnet Fair Panther Creek, Saturday October 26th 9am-12pm Panther Creek High School – We can use a bit of your time to talk to prospective parents applying to magnet schools. Please consider volunteering a minimum of an hour of your time to help promote our school. Contact Mary Hunter Martin at email@example.com for more information.
*Lastly, a BIG THANK you to Starbucks on Peace Street for adding positive, inspirational quotes to all of our student bathroom doors. They look fantastic.
Have a great weekend!
September 26, 2019Posted by Mark Kenjarski on 9/26/2019
Dear Partnership Families,
Safety is a top priority for us at Partnership. This afternoon we practiced a lockdown drill with the help of the Raleigh Police Department and WCPSS Security. We conduct lockdown drills in the event a dangerous person is inside our building. We are pleased to report that our students and staff did very well with the drill today.
For the past two weeks all of our students have been working on our hospital activity bag community service project during their Interactive Community Special. We have enjoyed seeing the students working together to create creative items. We will be continuing to work on the project the week we return from break and look to donate the bags later in October. We could use some more items to fill the bags with: crayons & duplos/legos, children’s books & coloring books, small toy cars / trucks & small bubble containers, activity books & colored pencils, and playing cards. Any items sent in must be new. Thank you for your support.
WCPSS is once again partnering with the Carolina Hurricanes to have READvolution. This year’s challenge features both individual and school-wide components. We are excited to announce that the Carolina Hurricanes will continue to award students who achieve the reading goal of 20 minutes per day throughout the allotted time frame (for a total of 800 minutes) two complimentary ticket vouchers to a Hurricanes home game.
For the school-wide component, schools that collectively read 2,020 books between Sept. 30 and Nov. 22 will be entered into a drawing by region to participate in this year’s Cool School Field Trip to the PNC Arena in Spring 2020. If our school is selected from the drawing to attend the Cool School Field Trip, students will have the opportunity to see a Hurricanes practice, participate in fun activities, and hear from the players. As your children are reading over break, please keep a log for this exciting program.
We have a few items for your calendars. Report Cards will be coming home on Friday, October 18th. We will have our next PTA General Meeting on Thursday, October 24th at 6:00 pm.
We will be on Fall Break over the next two weeks. School will reopen on Monday, October 14th. We hope you have a great break!
September 19, 2019Posted by Michele Tempke on 9/19/2019 5:00:00 PM
September 20, 2019
Dear Partnership Pioneer Famlies,
Thank you to all who volunteered and attended the Frolic. The event was a great success because of your time and dedication to our school.
Here are some dates to mark on your calendar:
*September 27th is our last school day before track out. We return to school on October 14th. Enjoy the break!
*NC Check In Assessments, grades 3-5, will be given October 15th-17th. Fourth Grade will be on the 15th, Third Grade on the 16th, and Fifth Grade on the 17th. Please be sure your child sleeps well, eats a healthy breakfast, and arrives to school on time.
*Fall Picture Make Up day is October 16th.
*Report Cards will be sent home on October 18th. Please look for them in your child's backpack.
*Planting Day will be held on October 19th beginning at 8:30 am. Please join us to help our school yard look fantastic. The more of us that can help the better our yard will look.
We appreciate all that you do to make our school a great community!
Weekly InformationPosted by Michele Tempke on 8/29/2019 4:20:00 PM
Dear PMES Pioneer Families,
A few items:
Monday, September 2nd is Labor Day. School will be closed for the holiday. Enjoy the long weekend.
It is getting closer and closer to one of our BIGGEST events of the Partnership school year...THE Frolic. This event will be held on September 13th. Please join us for a night of community and fun. Please consider signing up to volunteer during the event. Your help is needed to make this event a successful one for our school. Please also consider helping your child sell the PTA raffle tickets. The top two students with the highest sales over the weekend will receive a Chick Fila lunch on Wednesday.
*The last day to sign up or to renew your Free and Reduced Lunch benefits is September 5th. This form must be completed each year for this benefit to continue.
*Volunteer Clearance - If you plan on chaperoning a field trip or volunteering in the classroom please renew or complete your Volunteer Clearance by October 5th.
*All Pro-Dad's begin meeting on Friday, August 30th. Please contact Coach Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Thank you to all those who supported our school by attending our community event at Goodberry's in Cameron Village. The PTA raised a total of $414.00 which was a great success.
Have a safe and restful weekend.
InformationPosted by Michele Tempke on 8/21/2019 4:00:00 PM
Dear Partnership Families,
We hope you are having a great week.
1) Tomorrow, Wednesday, August 22nd is Picture Day. Strawbridge Studios will be here to take student pictures.
2) Free and Reduced Lunch Benefits expire on September 5th. If you wish to reapply for this benefit, you may apply onlne at https://www.wcpss.net/meals or you may visit our school and complete a paper copy.
3) PTA Frolic Raffle tickets will be sent home on Friday, August 23rd. If your student sells all 24 tickets by Monday, August 26th he or she will enjoy a Popsicle on the Playground during recess courteus of the PTA.
Senior Partner MessagePosted by Michele Tempke on 8/14/2019
August 14, 2019
Dear PMES Families,
We are all settled into the school year and working hard! We want to remind you of two upcoming events scheduled to support our school community.
PME Ice Cream Community Social - This event will be held at Goodberry's Creamery in Cameron Village tomorrow (Thursday, August 15th) from 3pm - 11pm. We will receive 30% of sales when you mention PME as you order.
Frolic - The BIGGEST event of the school year will be held on September 13th. Your T-Shirt Order form if you wish to order shirts for your family is due on Friday, August 16th. You can purchase one shirt for $12.00 or two for $20.00. All students will receive a complimentary shirt.
Just a few reminders to ensure the safety and well-being of all of our students:
1) Please be sure to Check In when entering the school building and place your Volunteer Sticker on you where it is visible.
2) Please use the carpool procedures we have put in place. Cars are to enter the car- pool lane from Wills Forest Rd off of Glenwood Ave, turning left onto Boylan St. and then turning left on Devereux St. Parking on Devereux Street and crossing over the street to enter the building is dangerous as cars travel quickly when turning the corner from Glenwood Ave. This is especially concerning when the high school traditional calendar begins, and students are rushing to arrive to school on time. Additionally, during morning and afternoon carpool, we request that you please do not park on the street where you are blocking one of the neighbor's driveway. We received a complaint from a neighbor with the concern she may not be able to get out in an emergency as a car was blocking her driveway.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our events or in the school building!
Reminder: PME Spirit Day is Friday, August 16th. Please have your child wear his or her PME shirt to school.
Estamos todos establecidos en el año escolar y trabajando duro! Queremos recordarle dos próximos eventos programados para apoyar a nuestra comunidad escolar.
PME Ice Cream Community Social - Este evento se llevará a cabo en Goodberry's Creamery en Cameron Village mañana (jueves 15 de agosto) de 3pm a 11pm. Recibiremos el 30% de las ventas cuando mencione PME a medida que realiza el pedido.
Fiesta - El evento MÁS GRANDE del año escolar se llevará a cabo el 13 de septiembre. Su formulario de pedido de camisetas si desea pedir camisetas para su familia se debe entregar el viernes 16 de agosto. Puede comprar una camisa por $ 12.00 o dos por $ 20.00. Todos los estudiantes recibirán una camisa de cortesía.
Solo algunos recordatorios para garantizar la seguridad y el bienestar de todos nuestros estudiantes:
1) Asegúrese de registrarse cuando ingrese al edificio de la escuela y coloque su etiqueta de voluntario donde sea visible.
2) Utilice los procedimientos para compartir el viaje que hemos implementado. Los automóviles deben ingresar al carril de estacionamiento desde Wills Forest Rd, en Glenwood Ave, girar a la izquierda en Boylan St. y luego girar a la izquierda en Devereux St. Estacionar en Devereux Street y cruzar la calle para ingresar al edificio es peligroso ya que los automóviles viajan rápidamente al doblar la esquina de Glenwood Ave. Esto es especialmente preocupante cuando comienza el calendario tradicional de la escuela secundaria, y los estudiantes se apresuran a llegar a la escuela a tiempo. Además, durante el viaje compartido en la mañana y en la tarde, le pedimos que no se estacionen en la calle donde está bloqueando una de las entradas del vecino. Recibimos una queja de un vecino con la preocupación de que ella no pudiera salir en caso de emergencia ya que un automóvil estaba bloqueando su entrada.
¡Esperamos verte en uno de nuestros eventos o en el edificio de la escuela!
Recordatorio: PME Spirit Day es el viernes 16 de agosto. Haga que su hijo use su camisa PME para ir a la escuela.