Open House 2020
We are currently in the process of scheduling open house for January 2020. Please check back for the open house and tour dates.
PowerPoint from Open House
Click here for the PowerPoint from the Open House for rising 6th graders on January 17, 2019.
Frequently asked questions from Open House:
- Do you offer before or after school care?
- No, we do not offer before or after school care
- Do you have a Junior Librarian Club? Or an ASL club?
- We do not have either of these clubs, but you can see our full list of clubs on our website under the Student tab.
- If you can’t take a left to get enter the school, how do we navigate to the school?
- If you are coming down Ten-Ten Road, instead of taking a right onto Lufkin Road,turn right onto Reliance Avenue (right after the Sheetz). Take the next right onto Classic Road. This will bring you to Lufkin Road. Take a right onto Lufkin Road, and the school will be on your right.
- Where do clothes go from the “Note in the Pocket” clothing drive?
- All clothes go to Wake County students. For more information, go to https://noteinthepocket.org/.
- Can students get high school credits from any of the classes?
- Depending on what math class the student is in, they can get high school credit if they take Math 1 or higher. Students also have any opportunity to take 3 semesters of Spanish for high school credit
- How can you change your track?
- Contact Lisa Bannister, our data manager.
- If a student is in AIG during elementary school, do they need to reapply?
- No, the AIG status follows them to middle school. If they are coming from a different state, bring documentation of testing that took place in the other state and then we use that to identify them through reciprocity.
- How can a 6th grader get into AIG in 6th grade?
- A parent can make a request to be tested. There are two testing windows, one in the fall and one in the spring. Contact Lisa Adcock, our AIG teacher, to make a request.
We will be hosting an open house for all parents of rising 6th grade students on Thursday, January 17th at 6:00pm. If you are unable to attend our open house, please schedule a small group tour.
- Group tours will be held on January 22nd and January 24th at 9:00am and 1:30pm.
- You must sign up through the SignUpGenius.
- There is a limit of 10 people per tour.
Don’t forget, the year-round application process is January 4th-30th.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Kelly Anderson, School Counselor
919-387-4465 Ext: 25677