• Registration

    Welcome to the Wake County Public School System.  All new families who move to Wake County will be assigned to their base school and must register there. Then you can also request a transfer to one of your choice options.

    For new families interested in Lufkin, you can register with us directly if we are your base school. Please see the process below for instructions. For more detailed instructions and FAQ's about enrollment to Wake County Public Schools, please refer to Student Assignment.


    Once you’ve completed the form online, please wait for information from your child's base school regarding the completion of the enrollment process. To expedite your student’s enrollment, upload the following documents: 

    1. A certified copy of your child's birth certificate. (Need a birth certificate? Parents of children born in Wake County may now order certified birth certificates on the Wake County Register of Deeds website.)
    2. Proof of your Wake County address (domicile) in the name of the birth parent or legal custodian, which must be one of the following:
      • Current water, gas, or electric bill that is no more than 30 days old,
      • Newly signed lease that is no more than 60 days old,
      • Settlement statement that is no more than 60 days old or
      • Offer to Purchase agreementAgreements with a closing date no later than 45 days out may be used by existing Wake County residents as proof of address. Non-Wake County residents can use them only to pre-enroll for the next school year prior to June 30, and only if the purchase closing date is on or before June 30. Offer to Purchase agreements for homes under construction may require additional documentation of work completed. They may not be used as proof of residence to enroll or pre-enroll at a capped school or a designated overcrowded school.
    3. A photo ID of the birth parent or legal custodian
    4. Your child's immunization record. North Carolina law now requires TDAP and Meningococcal vaccines for entry into 7th grade. 
    5. N.C. Health Assessment Form
    6. Any custody documents

    State law requires every child entering public schools in North Carolina for the first time to receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. Your medical provider should provide a completed N.C. Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. N.C. Health Assessment Forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department.

    State law requires these vaccinations before a student enters kindergarten and 7th grade.  

  • Registration Hours



    *Please Call to Set up an Appointment*

    (919) 387-4465 



    Most questions about student assignment can be answered on the WCPSS student assignment page.

    WCPSS Student Assignment

    (919) 431-7333