Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the 2016-17 school year! This is my 14th year at Ballentine and my 36th year as a counselor. A North Carolina native, I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with degrees in Psychology and Counseling.
What do elementary school counselors do?
* Teach classroom guidance lessons
* Facilitate short-term small group counseling
* Provide immediate and short-term individual counseling
* Work collaboratively with teachers and other staff
* Consult with parents
* Provide families information about or referrals to community resources
I am so lucky to work at Awesome Ballentine Elementary!