Missed Work Overview
The following are school-wide expectations for missed work:
- Teachers are not required to provide the missed classwork or homework in advance for long term, pre-planned absences. Optional Homework is provided for students to practice the skills taught in the day’s lessons.
- For absences of one (1) to three (3) days, the student will have one day for each day absent to make-up work. For absences exceeding three (3) days, the student may have two (2) days for each day absent to make up work. Special consideration will be given in the case of extended absences due to injury or chronic illness.
The following are grade/subject specific expectations for the completion and grading of missed work in grades K-5:
- At the discretion of the teacher, missed classwork may be assigned for homework or completed in class.
- If the student is absent on the day of the assessment, the assessment will be made up upon their return. If the student was absent on the day(s) prior to the assessment, the assessment will be given at the discretion of the teacher.
- Missed assessments will be made up during class time.