The following are school-wide expectations for classwork and assessments in grades K-5:
- Grade levels work together to gain a consistent understanding of the standards.
- Specific activities or texts used during classwork may vary by classroom.
- Assessments are created and graded together as a team to ensure consistency.
- Before the assessment, teachers discuss how to administer the assessment to ensure consistency.
- Teachers will keep students and parents informed of long term due dates for projects. Projects would need to be completed by the student in addition to the nightly reading.
- Classwork is completed in class independently, with classmates, or with teacher support to practice taught skills.
- Students will complete classwork to the best of their ability.
The following are school-wide expectations for the completion and grading of classwork and assessments:
- Assessments are scored using rubrics that have been created by the grade level team.
- Data is collected as a grade level and discussed.
- Students are scored based on the Standards Based Grading Scale.
- Classwork can also be used as an observational grade.
- Completion and effort of classwork will be reflected in the work habits standards.