School Mission, Vision and Values
School Vision Statement:
We will educate, nurture, and challenge every child to be a responsible and productive student who is prepared for the future.
Our vision draws a picture of the future we want to create. It helps us set goals and make decisions to reach them.
School/District Mission Statement:
We will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
Our mission describes the aim of our current school practices. It provides long term direction and focus for our everyday work.
School/District Core Beliefs:
- Every student is expected to learn, grow and succeed while we eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous and meaningful learning each day.
- Well-supported, highly effective and dedicated principals, teachers and staff are essential to success for all students.
- WCPSS, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high performing organization focused on student achievement.
- All WCPSS staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible and supportive.
- The Wake County residents value a strong public school and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission and sustain our beliefs.
School Core Values:
- Expect and promote excellence using data-driven practices.
- Teach the common core and essential standards in an interactive, challenging, project-based learning environment.
- Teach 21st-century communication, collaboration, critical thinking, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Teach and follow the Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) system procedures.
- Foster global student learning and awareness of diversity.
- Use stakeholder feedback and Plan-Do-Study-Act methodology to continuously improve school systems.
Our values are the foundation for our decisions and actions. They create the culture of the school and support individual and school-wide success.