Single Subject Acceleration (SSA)
Single Subject Acceleration
Students meeting qualifying criteria in grades K‐7 can take advanced academic content in mathematics or English Language Arts through Single Subject Acceleration (SSA). This ensures opportunities for appropriate levels of academic challenge. Only students who are currently enrolled and attending a WCPSS school during the open nomination and testing window are eligible to be considered for SSA.
Test Request Deadlines
Test Requests for the 2021-22 school year must be submitted during your school’s calendar deadline.
- Traditional Calendar Schools, Year-Round Track 4, Barwell ES, Fox & Walnut Creek ES: March 22, 2021
- Leadership Academies: March 29, 2021
- Modified Calendar Schools: April 2, 2021
Students will be tested for the 2021-22 during the testing windows indicated below. No requests for testing outside these windows will be accepted.
- Traditional Calendar Schools: April 7 - April 28, 2021
- All Other Schools: April 19 - May 7, 2021
Your request for testing must be documented and provided to the AIG Teacher. The request must clearly indicate which one subject you wish for your child to be tested. Below are the SSA Test Request Forms.
Reach out to the SSA Contact at your child’s school with any questions.
What is it?
- The process of SKIPPING elementary or middle school courses in either ELA or Math.
Why would I want this for my child?
- It provides an opportunity for acceleration outside the suggested placement.