The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
School Improvement Team Membership
- Dr. Roxann Sykes, Principal
- Angie Griffin, Assistant Principal
- Kristina Frazier, School Improvement Co-Chair/Literacy Coach/Intervention
- Dana Skidmore, School Improvement Co-Chair/Instructional Facilitator/Intervention Team Facilitator/Testing Coordinator
- Carrie McKeown, Magnet Coordinator
- Carin Knight, Counselor
- Connie Guillen, Counselor
- Ashley Pritchard, Special Programs
- Sarah Martensen, Instructional Assistant
- Kiara Reid, Kindergarten Teacher
- Laurie Newhouse, First Grade Teacher
- Sarah Bellak, Second Grade Teacher
- Ellen Stasik, Third Grade Teacher
- Nerissa Gilchrist, Fourth Grade Teacher
- Jae Wilson, Fifth Grade Teacher
- Karen Proctor, STEM Teacher
- Jill Herbst, Special Assistant to the Western Area Superintendent
- Dr. Lauryn Mascarenaz, Parent Representative
School Improvement team members approved on August 19th, 2021.
School Improvement Meetings
All school improvement meetings will be held in the Media Center.
- September 14th, 2021 at 7:40 am
- October 12th, 2021 at 7:40 am
- November 9th, 2021 at 7:40 am (Quarterly Review)
- December 14th, 2021 at 7:40 am
- January 11th, 2022 at 7:40 am
- February 8th, 2022 at 7:40 am (Quarterly Review)
- March 8th, 2022 at 7:40 am
- April 19th, 2022 at 7:40 am (Quarterly Review)
- May 10th, 2022 at 7:40 am
- June 13th, 2022 at 8:00 am (Quarterly Review)
If you are interested in attending a School Improvement Team meeting, please contact our Principal, Dr. Roxann Sykes, at email@example.com or 919-233-4200 ex. 22730.