Return to Headlines
5-23-22 Weekly Message
5-23-22 Weekly Message
- Final Exams, June 6-10th: All students (except seniors who are exempt) will report to school for their final exams on June 6, 7, 8, and 9th. Students will be asked to turn in their phones and smartwatches at the beginning of the testing sessions and will have them returned at the end. Lunch will be available for a “grab-and-go” option and buses will depart at 12 pm. Students should consult with their teachers about their testing locations.
- 22-23 Course Request Verification Before summer break, we are asking all students to review their course requests for next year. These are courses students have requested to take during the 2022-2023 school year. Students can review their course requests by logging into their PowerSchool account and viewing the "Class Registration" icon. Request changes must be submitted online by Friday, June 3rd. The form can be found on the Cary High Student Services website or in the student grade level Google classroom.
- Class of 2022 Scholarship Offers Last call for Class of 2022 Scholarship Offers to be reported prior to printing our scholarship insert. Scholarship offers can be reported here. Scholarships must be reported no later than Monday, May 23rd at 5pm. Congratulations to all recipients!
- Seniors that took ACT WorkKeys, please pick up your CTE Medal on Wednesday, May 25th during lunch in the Gym Lobby. Please see Ms. Jones in 2230 to get your medal if you cannot pick it up during lunch.
- Are you interested in playing men's soccer in the fall? If so, attend the men's soccer interest meeting on Wednesday, May 25, at the beginning of A Lunch in Coach Kerrigan's room, Room 408. Voluntary Summer workouts will begin after graduation in June.
- Track & Field Athletes. All uniform tops must be returned to school, ASAP. Fines will be levied after Thursday.
- Auditions for next year's Choral Ensembles are tomorrow and Thursday after school in Room 3120. All interested in an advanced chorus must audition. Please sign up on the chorus room door now for an audition time. Questions? Please see Mr. Yasick or any current chorus student.
- If you are interested in applying to run as a Student Council Class Officer or in participating as a Class Representative for next school year, join the STUCO Google Classroom: https://classroom.google.com/c/NTA3MTIwMzA5MDc3?cjc=w2pcl57. Once you join, you’ll see the applications for Class Officer and Class Representative posted. Get involved and help plan and implement events like Spirit Week, Homecoming Court, Dance, and Parade, the annual Food Drive, and the Talent show. They would love to have some new faces next year to make the 2022-2023 school year the best yet! Email Ms. Watson (email@example.com) or Ms. Rodgers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- The Spring Chorus Concert that was scheduled for May 19 has been moved to June 2nd at 7 PM. Please plan on attending June 2nd in the auditorium. If you have already purchased tickets, they will be honored on June 2nd. Tickets are $5 for adults and $2 for students and are available at: https://caryhsperformingarts.com website.
- Spring Band/Orchestra Concert is scheduled for Tuesday, May 24th from 7-9 pm in the Cary High Auditorium.
- Cary High will hold our Academic Awards Night on Thursday, May 26th from 6-8 pm in the gymnasium. All seniors are welcome to attend. Students in grades 9-12 who will be receiving an award have received an invitation to the event.