Return to Headlines
5-18-22 Weekly Message
5-18-22 Weekly Message
- Students received Interim Reports last week. Please check in with your child to ensure they are on-track to reach their academic goals for this semester.
- If you think your child will need to repeat a class in summer school, please consider applying for a seat in our summer school program at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9xFF1n92wi8jSxJb5DnoswtEiDzoohEDKDPnB0gQBChxxLg/viewform
- Final Exams are quickly approaching and students should be preparing now. Exams count as 20% of a student’s final grade in their classes. Seniors may be exempted from teacher-made final exams if they have a “C” or higher average. Failing to show up and take an exam can have a significant negative impact on a student’s overall grade. The schedule for exam week is posted on our school website.
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022, from 6-8 pm Cary High School will hold our annual Athletic Awards Banquet in the Auditorium. See your coach for more details.
- Tuesday, May 24, 2022, from 7-9 pm Cary High Band and Orchestra will hold their Spring Concert. All are invited and welcome to attend.
- Thursday, May 26, 2022 from 6-8 pm Cary High will hold our Academic Awards Night. Students,and their families, in grades 9-12 who are being recognized will receive a special invitation to attend this event in the gymnasium. Students will meet in the auditorium lobby at 5:45 pm to march in together. Doors to the gym will open at 5:30 pm for guest seating. Students are encouraged to wear business casual attire or “church clothes” for the event.
- Class of 2022 Graduation Rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 27th from 9-10:30 am in the Cary High Gymnasium. Students should NOT wear their cap and gown to this event. Attendance at rehearsal is mandatory if students wish to participate in the Graduation Ceremony on June 15th. Guest tickets will be handed out at the end of graduation rehearsal provided the student has completed their Senior Exit Survey (located in the graduation bulletin and in the Class of 2022 Google Classroom site) and that they have paid their outstanding fines/fees.
- The Senior Picnic will be held on Friday, May 27th immediately following the Graduation Rehearsal. This event is only for seniors and our volunteers. Each senior will receive a $10 voucher from the school to purchase a meal from one of the food trucks that will be onsite that day. There will also be lots of games, activities, and prizes provided by our wonderful PTSA. Students should wear sunscreen and dress for the weather.
- Attention all musicians, dancers, and performers! The Cary Marching Band and Colorguard will have an open rehearsal this Saturday at the band room from 9am-12noon. Come on out and give it a try. The marching band is the most visible and largest organization at Cary high school. Join in and have fun performing with friends! If you can't make it, and are interested, please contact the band director, Mr. Foster.
- Auditions for next year's Choral Ensembles are May 24th & 26th after school in room 3120. All interested in an advanced chorus must audition. Please sign up on the chorus room door now for an audition time. Questions? Please see Mr. Yasick or any current chorus student.
- Interested in a career in Cosmetology? A Representative from Paul Mitchell School of Cosmetology will be on campus this Friday, May 20. Stop by Room 2106 during lunch to learn more about what this school has to offer.
- If you are interested in applying to run as a Student Council Class Officer or in participating as a Class Representative for next school year, join the STUCO Google Classroom: https://classroom.google.com/c/NTA3MTIwMzA5MDc3?cjc=w2pcl57. Once you join, you’ll see the applications for Class Officer and Class Representative posted. Get involved and help plan and implement events like Spirit Week, Homecoming Court, Dance, and Parade, the annual Food Drive, and the Talent show. They would love to have some new faces next year to make the 2022-2023 school year the best yet! Email Ms. Watson (email@example.com) or Ms. Rodgers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- The Spring Chorus Concert that was scheduled for May 19 has been moved to June 2nd at 7 PM. Please plan on attending June 2nd in the auditorium. If you have already purchased tickets, they will be honored on June 2nd. Tickets are $5 for adults and $2 for students and are available at: https://caryhsperformingarts.com website.