Return to Headlines
1-24-22 Weekly Message
1-24-22 Weekly Message
- Report Cards have been printed and will be sent home with students this week through a homeroom period. Parents, please be on the lookout and review them with your child.
- Attention Seniors! It's time to order your cap and gown! Order online at the link listed below, which is also posted in the CHS Class of 2022 Google Classroom. Click here to order.
- Thanks to banked instructional hours, we will not have to make up the two days of school that were missed (Friday and Monday) due to inclement weather.
- The speech and debate team competed on Saturday. January 15th. Congratulations to Molly Roylance, who placed first in informative speaking and to Kayla Enger, who placed second in original oratory. We are proud of all who participated!
- The Coolidge Scholarship is an annually awarded, full-ride, presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study. This, “one-of-a-kind scholarship” may be used at any accredited college or university in the United States. You must apply for the scholarship during your JUNIOR YEAR of high school. The application deadline is this Wednesday, January 26. For more information (and to apply) visit https://coolidgescholars.org/.
- If you missed a CTE State Final Exam such as: Interior Design, Culinary, Health Science, Project Management, Foods & Nutrition, Child Development, Principles of Business, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, or Fashion Merchandising contact Ms. Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your make up exam.
- If you’re interested in taking the ASVAB test on Tuesday February 8th, the sign-up link is open and posted in your grade level Google classroom or look for the QR code on posters found throughout campus. See Mrs. Ward in room 2106 or email her at email@example.com with registration questions.
- Spring sports tryouts begin Monday, February 14. If you’re interested in trying out for Women’s soccer, lacrosse, track, mens golf, baseball, or softball, you must be registered and approved on Dragonfly. Do not wait until the last minute to get it taken care of. If you have any questions concerning your registration or any spring sports please email Coach Rodgers.
- Are you interested in CyberSecurity? If so, CyberStart America is a, FREE, no experience CyberSecurity training and scholarship competition. Training and practice challenges are now open through April and the scholarship competition will take place in May. Last year, there were 5,000 competitors and more than 500 scholarships of fifteen hundred dollars plus were given out to students. To sign-up, go to www.cyberstartamerica.org or see Mr. Walatkiewicz in Room 2318 with questions.
- Wednesday (1/26): Women’s JV/V Basketball vs. Apex (4:30/6)
- Friday (1/28): QUAD Men’s and Women’s Basketball vs. Holly Springs (3:30/5/6:30/8)
- Wednesday (1/26): Men’s JV/V Basketball at Apex (4:30/6)
- Wednesday (1/26): Wrestling at Middle Creek
- Thursday (1/27): QUAD Men’s and Women’s Basketball at Green Level (3:30/5/6:30/8)
- Friday (1/28): Indoor Track at JDL Fast Track
- Saturday (1/29): Swimming at TAC
- Saturday (1/29): Wake County Cheer Competition at Green Hope HS
- The Nu Rho Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, otherwise known as Family Matters has an outstanding scholarship opportunity for students who identify as Black or African American. The Family Matters Scholarship is $1,000 was created to continue one of Alpha Kappa Alpha’s guiding principles, “to cultivate and encourage high scholastic and ethical standards and help inspiring, young black high school seniors who are leaders and agents of change in their communities. Eligibility for the scholarship are as follows:
· Identify as a Black or African-American female
· Upholds a minimum weighted GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
· Will be matriculating into an accredited 4 year college/university Fall 2022
The Application window is now open and will close January 29th at 11:59pm. All applicants will receive an email before March 14th informing them whether they were selected.
- Juniors, who are interested in studying textiles at the NC State - Wilson College of Textiles, the online application is now available to apply for the opportunity to participate in the Summer Textile Exploration Program and meet faculty, staff and current students, as well as learn more about what this program has to offer. Click here for more information.
- Attention Juniors: If you’re interested in attending the Rotary Youth Leadership Award Conference, stop by your counselor’s office and let them know today. This conference is specifically designed for juniors who have demonstrated leadership potential in scholastic, athletic, and/or religious activities and will be held in Oxford, NC, April 8-10, 2022. This is an excellent opportunity and would like great on a college or job application!
- The Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Scholarship offers 100% fully-paid tuition scholarships to qualified applicants. Earn your degree and lead the Marines upon graduation. See the attached flyer for general eligibility requirements and how to apply.